A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Off-Topic from Sonic Colors Thread - Wherein we talk about television shows and etc.

Serephim

[qimg]http://i56.tinypic.com/27ybpl0.png[/qimg]

...my god...

Serephim, you have heard of Adventure Time, right? It's only the most awesome cartoon out there that isn't anime. (No sarcasm intended here, I mean it)

I actually really dislike Adventure Time and think Regular Show is about 10 zillion times better. My two cents on that though.

[qimg]http://i56.tinypic.com/27ybpl0.png[/qimg]

...my god...

Serephim, you have heard of Adventure Time, right? It's only the most awesome cartoon out there that isn't anime. (No sarcasm intended here, I mean it)

I woke up one morning with my television on. I decided to change to Cartoon Network because some stupid Disney-Channel-looking show was on with actual people and i wanted to laugh at some good 'ol cartoons.

...and then i realized i was on Cartoon Network. My soul was crushed.

I've almost completely given up on cartoons, both American and Japanese. Americans dont even try anymore, and Japanese are either trying too hard to be creative or not trying at all. I have no reason to wake up on Saturday morning anymore, and it pisses me the fuck off. Adult Swim has replaced all the good anime with some dipshit show about a gay rock band and a detective that has an ass for a face, so i dont stay up anymore. What the FUCK man.

tl;dr if you guys didn't tell me i never would have known. I'd glance at it and instantly turn the fucking channel. These days the TV shows i watch the most end up being on my monitor as i search for my favorite episodes on Youtube. I miss the 1990's.

I woke up one morning with my television on. I decided to change to Cartoon Network because some stupid Disney-Channel-looking show was on with actual people and i wanted to laugh at some good 'ol cartoons.

...and then i realized i was on Cartoon Network. My soul was crushed.

I've almost completely given up on cartoons, both American and Japanese. Americans dont even try anymore, and Japanese are either trying too hard to be creative or not trying at all. I have no reason to wake up on Saturday morning anymore, and it pisses me the fuck off. Adult Swim has replaced all the good anime with some dipshit show about a gay rock band and a detective that has an ass for a face, so i dont stay up anymore. What the FUCK man.

tl;dr if you guys didn't tell me i never would have known. I'd glance at it and instantly turn the fucking channel. These days the TV shows i watch the most end up being on my monitor as i search for my favorite episodes on Youtube. I miss the 1990's.

I had too, but then Adventure Time.

DW I keep reading all your posts in Lumpy Space Princess' voice.

Then um, mission accomplished.

And then if you're looking for a good anime, I'd suggest Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, which is quite possibly the weirdest Gainax anime since FLCL, if not even weirder, and that's saying something. And it's (mostly) drawn in a strange Powerpuff Girls-esque style. Sure, it's not in English yet, but... Also, on the anime side, I watch Digimon Xros Wars these days, it's not my FAVOURITE Digimon series (that title goes to Savers/Data Squad, which is fucking GAR, and I honestly wonder why some people don't like that one), it's far more entertaining than the crap that the Pokemon anime puts out these days.

I just hope gay rock band show isn't aimed at Metalocalypse.

Yeah Metaltrashalypse thats it

And then if you're looking for a good anime, I'd suggest Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, which is quite possibly the weirdest Gainax anime since FLCL, if not even weirder, and that's saying something. And it's (mostly) drawn in a strange Powerpuff Girls-esque style. Sure, it's not in English yet, but... Also, on the anime side, I watch Digimon Xros Wars these days, it's not my FAVOURITE Digimon series (that title goes to Savers/Data Squad, which is fucking GAR, and I honestly wonder why some people don't like that one), it's far more entertaining than the crap that the Pokemon anime puts out these days.

I was never really a fan of "weird", which is likely why i never stressed myself over never seeing an episode of FLCL. Panty and Stocking for a name does not intrigue me. I might check it out because u said so though.

Digimon....ugh. Im done with Digimon, Pokemon, Yugioh mon, and anything else that used to be a neat fad when i was in middle school. Pokemon is just dead now, and this new Yugioh is a perfect example of "trying too hard to be creative" apparently because a few days ago me and a few buddies were laughing our asses off as they talked about the new theme being playing the card game while riding motorcycles what theffffuuuuuuuck

Thread derailed

so what do somethin bout it bitch

I must have missed something, there were a whole bunch of posts in here and then all of a sudden they were deleted. I didn't really see any fighting going on, so I'm going to ask why the posts were even deleted in the first place. The post deletion reason was pretty uninformative too (not to mention rude), it gave no reason as to why any of that was deleted in the first place. Especially since posts like the one above this also add nothing to the discussion. I don't think my post was even breaking any rules, so what happened?

People started talking about my new avatar, then like... things got off track and Sereph started hating on crappy adult swim shows about Skwisgar Skwigelfs or some other mythical creature... and then Brad must have seen it and decided that he'd delete a bunch of posts and call people retards while making a shitty 90's movie reference without any further explanation cause he's a HORRIBLE IDIOT!

*more likely because he just forgot that without context it wouldn't make much sense and we always have context since we can read deleted posts*

Wow you can un-delete posts too? Interesting...Well hay since we arent off-topic anymoreeee:

I am required to disregard all of your opinions from now on.

Because i dont watch FLCL? It isnt because i choose not to, its because ive never gotten around to it. Regardless, a show about a kid with a tumor growing out of his head doesn't really sound like something i would jump on just for the hell of it.

FLCL is definitely a bit odd, but it was my kind of show. Dead Leaves is still one of my favourite anime anythings ever, though I am really looking forward to Redline. Mmmm.

Also the post un-deletions made me think I was popular because all of a sudden I had a bunch of PMs haha.

I was never really a fan of "weird", which is likely why i never stressed myself over never seeing an episode of FLCL. Panty and Stocking for a name does not intrigue me. I might check it out because u said so though.

Well, it's weird, yes, but at the same time it's a strange mixture of Gainax weirdness and western animation (mostly), hence the style (note that they change the art style. A lot). And comedy. And awesome. It's worth a look, at the very least.

Digimon....ugh. Im done with Digimon, Pokemon, Yugioh mon, and anything else that used to be a neat fad when i was in middle school. Pokemon is just dead now, and this new Yugioh is a perfect example of "trying too hard to be creative" apparently because a few days ago me and a few buddies were laughing our asses off as they talked about the new theme being playing the card game while riding motorcycles what theffffuuuuuuuck

Well, oddly enough, the Digimon anime never really died like the Pokemon anime did, and the most "gimmicky" it got was Frontier, which was basically... Sentai with mons. And even then it's your mileage may vary thing, I liked it, personally. Xros Wars is basically taking the fusion thing they brought in with Adventure_02 and expanding on it mecha-anime style, in a sense... And strangely enough, for once, EVERYONE, including the heroes, are

Basically, any of the Digimon seasons are worth a watch, especially subbed. The movies are also good as well, but the most sublime productions would be "Our War Game" and the Digimon Savers movie. The former, in addition to having a fairly obscene budget (for a kid's movie, it's animation blows all the Pokemon and Yugioh movies combined out of the water), was animated by a person who studied under Hayao Miyazaki at one time. And... Let's be frank. It was a movie about stopping a nuclear war. Even Encyclopaedia Dramatica thinks it's awesome, and that's saying something when that wiki can't make fun of it. The Savers movie was pretty much all about the Digimon until the end, and the only human who actually does anything is fucking GAR. Yeah, they're both awesome.