A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

PSO in the next decade! PSO2!?

Asuma

combat on PSO was always fun, regardless of class. Hunters had tons of weapons to choose from, Forces had a spell for almost every situation, and Rangers got to utulize the Extra Attack system to the fullest thanks to high accuracy and range. (Insta Kill + Rifle = whats a dps)

That said....that was PSO. This is the new era Sonic Team, so them announcing PSO2 is like them announcing a new Sonic game to me. I can only see this ending in moderate disappointment. Mainly because of how pathetically flawed PSU and its many gameplay mechanics turned out, despite tons of updates and balance patches. (Synthesis system but no Extra Attack system? How the fuck did they miss that?)

If this game is PSO's gameplay with better physics, gameplay mechanics, depth and Sonic Unleashed graphics, then im game. If this is another Sonic 4, then im not going to even get excited. And im also sick and tired of this whole pop flowery trendy bullshit they're pulling with PSPo2 and PSU, please give me back character designs who look like they actually kill things for a living, please.

First screenshots/video will tell the story for me. Til then, fingers are very much crossed. This scares me more than excites me, and the fact it didn't get a console announcement pissed me the fuck off as well. The return of Offline Splitscreen multiplayer would make this an instant buy for me.

Edit: Oh and if this gets a Wii release, im not going to buy the game. MMO + Wii = trash

yeah, well im sure thats exactly what they thought when they created PSU, and you see how that went.

Level design played a big part in the difference between Ep 1, 2, and 3, and half the reason i hated PSU's levels so much. PSU's art direction was fucking trashy as hell, running through large temples and rooms full of completely empty rooms void of any indication they did anything to the stage after the walls and wall textures were complete. PSO's environments were gorgeous.

And dont even get me started on the fucking music. PSU's soundtrack was anything but memorable. Perhaps even only halfway decent. And Sonic Team games usually at the very least have amazing soundtracks. (Though if Sonic 4 is any current indication....)

Yeah, sorry 1,2, and 4 is what i ment to say.

However, Ep3 further proves my point. Although a departure from the series, it's like the best card-based game i've ever played. A LOT of depth to the system, with a very fun strategic spin on the game. It's the kind of game i dont see Sega tampering with ever again due to 1) fear of it not selling, or 2) knowing they lack the design talent to not fuck it up.