A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I really want a DS Lite.

Aerosol

Yea, I know the 3DS is coming out soon, but I really want a DS Lite. The 3DS is also gonna be expensive as fuck, and I'm probably not going to get one until a year after it's out so there.

My local Nerds-R-Us has a DS Lite for $90. I am willing to trade in the following for all they're worth:

360 Wireless headset (360 is borked)

360 Wireless controller

Gamecube

F-Zero GX (Beaten)

Super Mario Sunshine (Beaten, but never 100%)

Ultimate Spider-Man (Beaten)

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Mostly finished)

Metroid Prime (Beaten before, never 100%)

Genesis arcade style controller

Half-Life 2 (Xbox) (Beaten)

Shenmue 2 (Xbox and without Shenmue: The Movie)

Xbox DVD remote (got a ps2 for dvd playback, and actual dvd players are like $25 now)

Shenmue (Dreamcast. Seriously, these games are a little overrated imo. Shenmue 3 better kick ass in 2052)

And that's about it. I also have Melee, but I'm gonna keep ahold of it till I get a Wii. Point is though, is it worth it? Should I be holding on to any of these games for dear life?

Meh, I'm not sure the DS's library of games for this year are actually worth

getting for a DS Lite. I'm pretty sure the only good games for the DS Lite are Final Fantasy 4, Pokemon HG/SS, and Dragon Quest. Yeah, I only mentioned RPG games, sorry. I'm sure Sonic Classic Collection is worth $20 and a DS Lite, since it's got the lock-on features for it.

Meh, I'm not sure the DS's library of games for this year are actually worth

getting for a DS Lite. I'm pretty sure the only good games for the DS Lite are Final Fantasy 4, Pokemon HG/SS, and Dragon Quest.

You're talking about just games released this year, right? Because I can name a heck of a lot more DS games than that. :icon_confused:

Go ahead, I haven't been to a game store in months. I've usually been playing the Megaman Starforce series. Also, FF4 was released around 2008.

Very well:

Pokemon Diamond

Meteos (Best puzzle game ever!)

Legendary Starfy

Metroid Prime Pinball (Best pinball game ever!)

Metroid Prime Hunters (Yeah, some people didn't like this one, but I did)

LoZ: Phantom Hourglass

Mario Kart DS

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

M&L: Bowser's Inside Story

Kirby Squeak Squad

Kirby Canvas Curse

Final Fantasy III

DQ Heroes: Rocket Slime

New Super Mario Bros.

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2

Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Tetris DS

Scourge: Hive (Lesser known game, but it's a good action-RPG)

Children of Mana (Despite the mystery-dungeon style of this game, it's actually quite addictive)

And those are just the good games I own; including DQIX and Pokemon HG. I don't yet own Spirit Tracks, Scribblenauts, or FF4, though, but I hear those are good too -- I've been meaning to play those.

Depends. Some people feel sad realizing they dumped a huge chunk of their library. Then again, I haven't paid for a game in...a really long time. If you aren't emotionally attached to those games, yea, the DS is pretty much the best thing to happen to me since that time I got to second base while playing Dynasty Warriors 3 without anyone else in the room noticing.

Wait, what were we talking about?

Oh. Right.

The DS' library is fucking huge and packed with so many great stuff. You're looking at, what, 6 years of greatness? Okay, 4 and a half, but it's still a gigantic library.

Aero! Make sure to give The World Ends With You a spin! Oh! Oh! And Mario and Luigi 3! You can skip the second one (not very good, and not important), but the third one is terrific. That game ranks among my favorite RPGs, ever. If that game was a woman, I would date it, fuck it every night, marry it, get a divorce, then beg it to take me back.

Just to add to the game lists...

Advance Wars Days of Ruin

Castlevania (theres a bunch)

Megaman Zero Collection

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

Disgaea if you haven't already played it on PS2

I'm sure theres more, but I don't really care to look into it right now.

Professor Layton: All of them.

Bowser's Inside Story.

Final Fantasy CC either of them.

Harvest Moon (can't remember which one, it's one of the most recent ones. That game totally cockblocked me, so it must be good)

I wouldn't recommend MMZ Collection, the DS' shape makes it just about impossible to control without getting some godawful hand cramp.