A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Concept Storm Medals are go

I'd like to encourage people to participate in this stuff, so I've slapped together a patchwork system for issuing out medals for various activities.

Whenever there is some kind of contest in the concept storm, participation and especially full participation will net accolades in the form of little images that show up in your profile. If someone has too many, we'll work something out then...

Anyway, for the first contest currently ongoing, the following medals will be made:

Participant's medal - 1 problem complete

Silver accolade - 3 problems complete

Gold accolade - 5 problems complete

You can still get gold and have an undone problem.

The one currently hanging below my name is just an example. The real medals are probably going to look more like something

Problem is, they do have to be contained in a relatively small space. Horizontally it's not so bad, about 175 pixels... but vertically I want to keep things at 50 or less. So if you can do something similar on top of a rectangular border, that'd make a good set of templates.

Also, for the bronze looking one, I'd rather go for more of a neutral kind of feel rather than something that denotes any kind of rank.

• 2 weeks later...

As a suggestion, how about a creative-idea-of-the-month award too? Perhaps it could just be a mod-edited stamp added to the post in particular, or another medal the author/s carries for the rest of the next month, or maybe some better idea. Perhaps that could be like a wildcard in awarding the medals that are normally awarded - you might only have 1 post of participation, but that post earns you fame and temporary glory.

It would be cool to see someone's avatar with this little award, and to know that that person has written something considered by others to be a bit special, then to go and hunt down that special thing. Hmm... I don't know if it's possible but perhaps clicking that award could link straight to the particular post.

• 3 weeks later...