A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SFGHQ Submissions Clean Out

So I'm going to start wading through the massive back log of submissions and trying to get things caught up. Obviously this is going to take some time. That said, I'm putting out the call for a volunteer or two.

I got Act 1 under control and should have it totally done in the next day or two. Act 2 is the real mess at the moment. All I need is someone to help me by going through the posts (old ones first) in act 2 (Act 3 can come next after we finish act 2). If you (as one of my volunteers) find that the topic definitely does not conform to the posting guidelines or is for some specific reason not usable, all you gotta do is reply! Simply state "This does not conform to guidelines" or "This doesn't work right because the <insert reason like download link doesn't work here", in the reply. No longer functional download links is especially a big culprit here, so check those in particular.

This will bump the topic to the top. I'll be looking for the names of those who specifically volunteer at the top of the forum topics and quickly skim through them so I can quickly annihilate no longer viable submissions. It'd be a grand help indeed!

To mods and admins with site maintenance powers:

If you wanna help me out with this by actually adding stuff, your help would be much appreciated / sorely needed

UPDATE:

After a great deal of sorting I've managed to really lighten the load. A lot of this stuff was previously added or partially added already, which made for a quick finish for well over half of this stuff. Graphics still has a ways to go but it's Act 3's tutorials that are going to be the real pain in the ass but it's gotta happen some how. However, despite that, the number of submissions needed to be worked on is much lower than originally anticipated, with most of the work now cut in half. That said I still need some help going through all this stuff and any help would be appreciated. Rep points will be issued in great abundance to those who assist.

• Like 1

I'm not really following you want us to work on act 2 or 3 right now?

Well I went ahead and went through Act 2 to find what didn't work and what not. I'll link it the topics I found that had issues here.

Not Worthy of the site IMHO

http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/showthread.php?t=6088

http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/showthread.php?t=4916

http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/showthread.php?t=5491

Has at least one dead link

http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/showthread.php?t=4931

Of course I'm not in a place right now where I can download these to look at them myself so my reasoning is based on what I saw in the screenshots and preview images. I was also able to check for dead links of course.

• Like 1

Good show Overbound. Good show indeed. Rep being issued proportionately for each of those links. Next time, just reply to the topic though and say, "Does not conform to guidelines" in the reply, or "Below basic quality standards" (obviously the standards aren't that high but your judgment in those examples was good) or "Link is dead". That will bump it to the top of the topic for easy clean out.

As for Act 2 or Act 3, meh, either or. Act 2 is the primary focus though right now.

I didn't post becaue I wasn't sure if you had gone over them or not and didn't want to disturb your work, next time I will. As far as I can tell that's it for Act 2 there are a few other things very earlier in the forum that could already be on the main site but that should be it otherwise. Everything else should need to go up on the site.

• Like 1