A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Xtreme Remake - Metal Sonic Boss 2.2

Ollie

Hi Everyone, I was surprised I never did show this off at the SFGHQ. A year or two ago I started work on a remake of various builds and aspects of the cancelled Sonic Title, Sonic Xtreme. This is one part of the Remake that got fairly far. At the time I was making this my programming skills were very weak but I received plenty of guidance through both from the GMC and from a few members from the Senntient forums.

Anyway here's a screenshot:

screenshot101.png

And here's where you can download:

Sonic Xtreme Remake - Metal Sonic Boss 2.2

This build has got the basic game play elements and the actual boss stage is implemented. I'd love to remake this from scratch wherever I get the free time and actually make it very playable, but sadly, I've got other things to work on plus Uni is lurking around the corner so it will just have to wait.

Anyway, enjoy!!

Credits:

Wingedwolf - For the engine this is based on.

Matt360 - For all of his time and hard work he put into this.

The Original Team - Since this wouldn't exsist if the original game was never made.

• Like 2

Thanks for the rep and feedback, Sslaxx! I rooted through my old stuff and grabbed a few screenshots of some early (ugly) project concepts I was working on. Thought I might as well share them since someone might find them interesting.

Nack Boss Battle Remake:

screenshot100d.png

The backbone to a PC Engine remake:

screenshot100c.png

EDIT: @flame6753 - ???

I'd love to continue you it, but I start University next week so my free time will start to slowly disappear. But if I was to continue this I will totally restart it since the code isn't exactly "friendly". I'd also actually animate Metal Sonic too instead of just keeping in one stance.