A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Duke Nukem Forever. In 2011

Aerosol

They did. Then they gave it to an actual developer and not a bunch of nerds distracted by WoW.

Seriously, some dude went to their studio for a web show and the guys had huge neckbeards and lv 80 characters. That game probably hadn't been actually worked on for fucking years, man. Now people who actually make games are making it. And it...actually looks kinda good.

I'm rooting for it. Not even because I want to play it, just out of principle. ULWAYZ BET ON DOOK.

It's different this time because Gearbox is finishing it. And they actually make games.

Also you're a jerk :(

EDIT: Also I liked this article:

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/why-the-12-year-delay-has-actually-been-good-for-duke-nukem-forever/a-2010090612486464080

I agree with this. To add to his reasons, I wouldn't have cared about this game one bit if it had come out at a regular time. But now, its pretty much the only FPS I really want right now.

Wow, that article makes a really valid point. Duke's certainly a refreshing take on what FPS protagonists are usually like these days, and indeed, the 12-year delay has become so much of an urban legend that DNF barely needs to spend anything on a marketing campaign, because everyone already knows about it. xD

PG is spouting all sorts of tomfoolery up in here.

The development was actually well in the works at 3DR up until they needed money last year. Take2 decided to try and squeeze them to get the IP, and 3DR folded nearly all the way in order to afford the legal fees of trying to stop this. A large chunk of the DNF staff that got laid off formed another company as a means to continue working on the game. 3DR just decided to sell the rights so that there would atleast be some chance that it could be finished, rather than it dying.

What everyone is seeing right now is actually 3-4 years worth of unfinished work that is being built upon and completed. Part of this effort being by the actual staff of the game under a new company, and the other part being Gearbox. (hopefully they won't leave in the retarded seesaw puzzles that were in some of the video leaks back when the 3DR staff was laid off, though.)

You know, just stating the facts as they are.

PG is spouting all sorts of tomfoolery up in here.

Where? Which post? I made several. THE BEER D-PAD THING IS REAL. IT'S A REALLY THING THAT WAS REALLY SHOWN IN THE REAL DEMO, REALLY.

The development was actually well in the works at 3DR up until they needed money last year.
What everyone is seeing right now is actually 3-4 years worth of unfinished work that is being built upon and completed.

So...did they work on it for 12 years or 3-4? And when did I ever crunch any numbers? All I said is that they max leveled their WoW characters with the implication that any neckbeard with that much time could have put it towards a project in the hopes of completing it in under a decade.

IT IS YOU WHO IS THE TOM, FOOL.

So...did they work on it for 12 years or 3-4? And when did I ever crunch any numbers? All I said is that they max leveled their WoW characters with the implication that any neckbeard with that much time could have put it towards a project in the hopes of completing it in under a decade.

IT IS YOU WHO IS THE TOM, FOOL.

They started over 3 times Because George Broussard can't keep his mind straight for more than 5 minutes. Really, it wasn't until they got a team lead besides him that shit wasn't a schizophrenic mess.

WoW hasn't been around the whole development time of it

It was just a shitty joke in an interview you know.

And i've been waiting like since I first played Duke 3D when I was 12 so this is a pretty big deal!

I ALWAYS BET ON DUKE

• 4 weeks later...