A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 2 Dimps Edition

Spanner

Like I said, I am entitled to my opinion. Besides, I make a valid point. If you really want to showcase how much Dimps sucks, spend your effort and time on putting a boost function in the game. Boosting is the most identifying addition Dimps has ever made to a Sonic game.

Well there you go. I've got no complaints then.

EDIT: Wait. Yes I do. I saw the trailer for the SAGE demo on youtube.

First off...find me a 2D Dimps game where you can jumpdash like that all willy-nilly.

Second, tweak your homing attack, if you can. You bounce too high off of things when you hit them.

Third, you seem to be able to airdash anytime you aren't on the ground and are in a ball. In Dimps games, you can only do this after hitting a spring or a ramp, or are you treating normal Sonic ramps like those little Dimps ones? A good idea, if you could, would be to make those little ramps I'm talking about separate.

Yo Aerosol, you don't know how many sonic fans your putting to shame right now, and I agree with just about all of your posts, not too mention I don't see what's so funny either, and also think this is just a stab at dimps. If I even play this hack, it would be for the Homing attack and air dash, but the number of boosters are just not necessary.

X)

I just want to make it clear. I'm not jumping in the "Anti-AntiDimps" camp or anything. I prefer the classic games myself, and I also appreciate the contributions Dimps has made to the series. I just have a thing against those that place the blame of the bad Dimps level design on only one aspect, or missing some of the more important things that makes a Dimps game a Dimps game.

When i first saw this topic, I read it as "LOL BOOSTERS LIKE DIMPS,". I feel like, if someone's gonna make a parody of the Dimps games, a little more effort should be put into it, beyond throwing speed boosters everywhere. My initial comments may have been a little scathing, but this is the point I was trying to make.

When SonicEpsilon stated that he is planning to put speed boosters in, I felt like that was a step in the right direction. Speed boosters are as much of a staple of modern sonic games as speed boosters are, if not more, and I felt their inclusion would elevate this game from whiney-fanboy status. Notice my comment after that was a lot more constructive.

tl;dr: I'm not trying to start a newschool vs oldschool hate war here.

I just want to make it clear. I'm not jumping in the "Anti-AntiDimps" camp or anything. I prefer the classic games myself, and I also appreciate the contributions Dimps has made to the series. I just have a thing against those that place the blame of the bad Dimps level design on only one aspect, or missing some of the more important things that makes a Dimps game a Dimps game.

When i first saw this topic, I read it as "LOL BOOSTERS LIKE DIMPS,". I feel like, if someone's gonna make a parody of the Dimps games, a little more effort should be put into it, beyond throwing speed boosters everywhere. My initial comments may have been a little scathing, but this is the point I was trying to make.

Agreed, which is why I was a bit bothered on the amount of boosters placed through out the stages. It seems the guys jumped on the "too many booster is a flaw" bandwagon, and started placing boosters al willy-nilly, calling it the dimps version. If it just a joke to the maker, fine, but just know many sonic fans b***h about them, being too automated or something. Same thing for homing attack.

When SonicEpsilon stated that he is planning to put speed boosters in, I felt like that was a step in the right direction. Speed boosters are as much of a staple of modern sonic games as speed boosters are, if not more, and I felt their inclusion would elevate this game from whiney-fanboy status. Notice my comment after that was a lot more constructive.

Agreed to all this to.

tl;dr: I'm not trying to start a newschool vs oldschool hate war here.

That war started a long time ago, just maybe not on this forum. I'm a fan of the whole series, I grew up with the genesis games, and like the modern games even more, but with the elements of the classics still there, are similar in the modern games, I don't see a point in the whole "Going back to roots" campaign, when unleashed and sonic 4 constantly get bashed, with more than half of the reason being trivial, or not even being actual flaws.

X)

Oh please. I know full well what the hell parody means. I'm sick and tired of the mindless Dimps hate and was expecting a well thought out parody. I criticized and made suggestions, SonicEpsilon stated he had the same ideas. So I moved on to point out other flaws that weren't based on what he was mocking. There is no point in making a parody of something that breaks more than it mocks.

And did you really just post a link to dictionary.com? Dude, don't patronize me.

And did you really just post a link to dictionary.com? Dude, don't patronize me.

You seriously didn't look like you understood parody:

I don't want to be sent careening into the air in places I normally wouldn't. Going vertically airborne is decidedly un-Dimps.

...because what you described is Dimps.

That comment was made before I knew that he would be adding a boost button. Dimps games don't ever send you skyward on a quarter pipe without you being able to do something else, such as boost forward or throw you into a midair hoop so that you can do midair tricks. The reason I said that it is un-Dimps is because having a few moments where you aren't able to do anything but watch sonic go up in the air and come back down are rare, if not entirely absent.