A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

S-Blitz's art topic.

Professor-J

My very first picture in Photoshop (which I got yesterday)

STMSAstyle.png

Inked and SA shaded the official Japanese Sonic The Movie artwork, despite the fact I only had the head left to ink before I actually realised how to ink properly I think it came out pretty well.

As a trial run on how to get to grips with Photoshop it certainly payed off.

C+C please.

I actually quite like that, well done.

For one c+c, sonic's feet don't magically end at the bunches in his socks. the socks go around his legs so make them continue through. other than that, mate, i'd be very happy with how that looks. excellent work. :)

NEW PICTURE!

triamuscomplete7ic.png

A request from Spike of the SSMB, I drew his character Triamus the Tiger and scanned it. 6 and a half hours later I had this beauty finished. Although I did ____-up on the feet and the line art could be better in places.

Also, I'm taking requests right now as well, so i can practice different styles in Photoshop.

3 slots available-

• Slot #1=

• Slot #2=

• Slot #3=

I'll do SA style, Riders style and Battle style. Just post a picture, PA or a few sprites of your chaarcter for me to work off of.

That's pretty badass.

Something that's somewhat bothering me is that you can see some antialiasing spots in some places. Looks a bit ugly. :[

Meh, it's only my second photoshop picture, It'll all be fixed by the third.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

Yay double post-

neongiftpart1copy4kq.png

Finished a (recolour) request for some guy at the MFZ, Neon the Hedgehog, how original...Still I got it done for him and he seemed pretty happy so...

Sh_tload of errors with this one, I found a better SA tutorial though so the next SA piece of art should be better.

He's standing like a ballerina or something. His right leg should be in front of his left if he's in this position. Also, his right thumb seems a bit long, though ignoring that the hands look nice. Other than that, the only thing I can really complain about would be the black lines under his spines and whatever, though that's probably how the original sprite looked.

Good job, anyway.

He's standing like a ballerina or something.

Hes a recolour, what did you expect?

Also, his right thumb seems a bit long

See above. (yes it's just a lame excuse to correct my mistakes)

Other than that, the only thing I can really complain about would be the black lines under his spines and whatever, though that's probably how the original sprite looked.

Yeah, thats how the original sprite looked like. People have no originality these days...

Good job, anyway.

Thanks. I have 8 other requests to fufill so over the next week this topic should be updated quite a bit...

Bump! With a purpose!

I made this for no apparant reason (and the fcat I'm trying to avoid doing all these damned requests I got myself into...I said 3 at a time, 3 NOT 10!!! WHY CAN'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND NUMBERS!!!!!????)

sonicartcopy5sj.png

Yes the pose is horrendous, yes there are bound to be overly-sized body parts in there somewhere but it was just a rough sketch that I decided to scan and do something to...

• 3 weeks later...

look don't pout your sarcasm in here. Thanks for the non-existant comments? Are we obliged to comment on anything you do? Geez. Your artwork needs work anyhow. I've noticed you can't really draw hands properly. work on that. Try to pay more attention to what you're drawing, you're making mistakes i make when i rush, such as the plushie leg look and weird feet.

As for the recolour, the colours you actually used for the highlight gradient are off. Take eyedrops from the official artwork.

look don't pout your sarcasm in here. Thanks for the non-existant comments? Are we obliged to comment on anything you do? Geez. Your artwork needs work anyhow. I've noticed you can't really draw hands properly. work on that. Try to pay more attention to what you're drawing, you're making mistakes i make when i rush, such as the plushie leg look and weird feet.

As for the recolour, the colours you actually used for the highlight gradient are off. Take eyedrops from the official artwork.

1) Every other forum I go to leaves at least one comment, even if it is just "Wow, thats great!"

2) Yes, I know...

3) Is that really mich of a problem? If the highlight came out yellow then I would understand your point but I can't really see the problem. I'll take colours from the official art next time then Mr Perfection.

...If you can't take constructive criticism, don't ask for any at all. You're obviously going for sonic adventure-era style shading, and if you didn't get it right, who are you to get snappy with someone who's trying to help you make it better?

...If you can't take constructive criticism, don't ask for any at all. You're obviously going for sonic adventure-era style shading, and if you didn't get it right, who are you to get snappy with someone who's trying to help you make it better?

I was getting snappy? Sorry if I offended you then. I took your advice anyways, heres Mighty SA style without the highlights, the hands still look horrendous though...

Here is the Deviant Art link-

DA link[/u]

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

A new day a new piece of artwork, this is for Becky/ Purity, the pose is horrendous but I think it's the best SA style pic I've done yet. Click the preview for the DA link to the full image.

puritypreviewwv5.png