A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Does a Sonic RPG sound good?

I find really doubtful this supposed rumor about Square.

RMK2k, unlike RMXP, does not have a scripting device. So, theoretically, makers can't radically change things like the basic battle system. Both FF 1 & 2 don't have the slightest thrace of a RM game.

And I sincerely doubt that Square would use such a tool to develop a commercial game.

I find really doubtful this supposed rumor about Square.

RMK2k, unlike RMXP, does not have a scripting device. So, theoretically, makers can't radically change things like the basic battle system. Both FF 1 & 2 don't have the slightest thrace of a RM game.

And I sincerely doubt that Square would use such a tool to develop a commercial game.

Um...Ever consider the fact that RPG Maker was released over 10 years after final fantasy?

The RM2K program is developed to make games almost identical to Final Fantasy. RMXP PWNS because you can do pretty much anything with it.

Thats the stupidest thing to believe I've ever heard.

I never said I believed it, just heard it.

BTW, I had an idea! If the prospect of having an RPG that is just sonic based doesn't appeal to you, then how about a cross between two series? Kingdom Hearts was basically a cross between Final Fantasy and Disney, so how about an RPG that is a cross between Final Fantasy and Sonic? Sonic and Co. could be, perhaps, summon creatures or special bonus bosses. How does that sound?

In regards to RPG Maker 2003, it can't be illegal because I heard a rumor that Square Enix used it to create FF1 & 2 Advanced and FFIV Advanced. Then again, it WAS just a rumor. Unfortunately, I forgot where I heard it.:confused:

I object to you saying that you didn't believe it, because you said that it can't be illegal because you heard the rumor. You didn't say that if the rumor is true then it can't be illegal, which means you would have to believe the rumor to be an absolute fact.

I made a rpg sonic engine with active time events (aka FF7,8,9). It has a working menu system that works by automatically scripted attacks, but the menus themselves arnt under scripts. (AKA, there are some moves you can learn and not learn, but it wont look awkward.)

Catch me on AIM and ill help you out, but my engine is still heavly under development, pretty much because im scrapping it to make an even better one. (more towards X-2's battle engine. Its the worse Final Fantasy in the series, but it has like the coolest battle engine. mostly because of the free camera and non scripted attacks.)

At SAGE i might be able to give an example, but im currently juggling 3 projects.

Maybe, though I really can't see it working due to attacking. Sonic isn't really limited to how strong his attacks are, whereas with Link, you could upgrade with the Mirror Shield or upgrading from a Wooden Sword to a Steel Sword or something like that. Sonic just, really, has roll and jump, which are the same thing.

Except the weird gadgets in SA2 all give new attacks, but don't really enhance Sonic's attack. Still, if desired it could be used in some sort of RPGish goodness. I'm getting ideas but don't know how to execute them.