A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

A Life Well Wasted: mandatory listening for gamers

http://alifewellwasted.com/

So, the sixth episode of this show went online today. It's about game ideas, and I thought it was a perfect coincidence in light of a certain fangame idea thread...The opening hits the nail on the head (once you get past the silly game ideas that listeners suggested, which are kinda used to illustrate his opening and the fact that everyone and their dog has some great game idea).

The other episodes are really good, too. Make sure to check out the B-Side of Episode 3. I think it's actually really cool and better than the "real" episode 3. But they're all worth listening to, really well made, and (hopefully) get you to think about our pathetic gamer culture in a different light. The EGM one is a favorite of mine, since I grew up with gaming mags, and when Nintendo went to shit, EGM was my new home until that died.

Oh, and the music's super trippy. I love it.

I kinda like his voice. I don't even like grunge. And his tracks are all, like trippy and shit :<

I'm still listening to 6 myself so I can't vouch for how good it is compared to the rest. This episode seems to be more revolved around ideas than gaming (the final segment is about a gamer with a 13 inch dick. Not sure where he's going with this yet in terms of "game ideas"), so maybe it's not everyone's cup of tea, but the earlier ones are much more game centric.