A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Adventure for PS3 and XBOX360 and ...

Kirs

I don't see why Sonic Adventure needs achievements.

Sonic games always gave you a sense of achievement without "achievements".

For instance, sonic 3k.

Once you got all the chaos emeralds and the super emeralds, rather than having the game tell you "you're cool!" it gave you Doomsday Zone which was, in my opinion, the best freakin "achievement" ever.

More like "totally gay". AM I RITE GUYS?

Anywho, both SA and other Dreamcast games confirmed for PSN/XBLA. So there ya go.

http://www.destructoid.com/confirmed-dreamcast-games-are-going-digital--176019.phtml&mainnav=Top+stories

while i've played through this many times and think it is the best game on the dreamcast, I'm not interested too much because it is a single player game. Why rebuy a single player game you've beaten 8 times with no significant motivation besides the novelty of having it on xbox? The true marvel will be SONIC ADVENTURE 2 on xbox, because its multilayer. I'll bust all yall ngas up in a chao karate session lol.

Damn it, I've never been this angry at a post here since Serephim said RE4 brought nothing new compared to RE5...

........I've never said that before. Better yet, i wouldn't say that. What are you talking about.

rrrrrraaaaaggggggeeeeeee

More importantly, what the shit are you smoking/drinking/inhaling, sir? Did i miss something in that post? Did he put a bad joke in there or something? Must have been a pretty bad one...

........I've never said that before. Better yet, i wouldn't say that. What are you talking about.
Oh and whoever said RE4 > RE5 is BSing. This game was efffin awesome. I dont remember RE4 being as epic.

About the ONLY thing from RE4 i miss would be the neat water physics.

RE4 had its good points, but RE5's battles and levels were far more memorable. Not to mention the only character I liked in RE4 was Leon and Louis; Ashely was annoying as fuck, and the game was alot more fun when i didn't have to look after her. I didn't care much for the villians, either. Except for Krauser, but i mean hell thats one fight.

RE5 on the other hand had Sheva and the Josh guy, they were both pretty cool. Albert Wesker is a 1000x cooler villian than almost any character the franchise can dish out, and hes always fun to fight or even watch fight.

I also got to fight valentine too.

Ok, maybe not exactly what I thought you said, but pretty close.

More importantly, what the shit are you smoking/drinking/inhaling, sir? Did i miss something in that post? Did he put a bad joke in there or something? Must have been a pretty bad one...

If this is aimed at me, then you obviously missed the self-righteous glorification and superiority of older Sonic titles for not having achievements. Out of all the reasons... achievements? You have got to be fucking kidding me. It's like he went through this thread, saw people say "Achievements? That's not reason enough to purchase" and wanted to make his own witty reply about why achievements aren't needed (failing miserably...).

Ok, maybe not exactly what I thought you said, but pretty close.

Thats just me defending RE5, since it seems to have "Twilight Princess Syndrome". As for "RE4 brought nothing new compared to RE5"....thats a different argument altogether. I was implying that RE5 was a great improvement on RE4, not that RE4 sucked and RE5 was the only "new" or "innovative" one. I like RE5 better than RE4, but RE4 is still one of the best videogames ive ever played in my entire life. I just.....liked RE5 better. (mainly because of the Albert Wesker/Jill battles, and the final chapter. Its battles were just more memorable than RE4's.)

If this is aimed at me, then you obviously missed the self-righteous glorification and superiority of older Sonic titles for not having achievements. Out of all the reasons... achievements? You have got to be fucking kidding me. It's like he went through this thread, saw people say "Achievements? That's not reason enough to purchase" and wanted to make his own witty reply about why achievements aren't needed (failing miserably...).

Yeah im still not getting what made you so angry, but im guessing its just another one of those peeve moments. Not gonna try to find out, none of my business.

There was a document leaked saying Sega and Sony were in talks of putting Dreamcast games on PSN. It was on an official Sega press site until it was taken down shortly after. But no, nothing specifically mentioning Sonic Adventure.

I meant this alleged uber collection, not SA/DX for 360/PS3

I meant this alleged uber collection
There was a document leaked saying Sega and Sony were in talks...

What a Coincidence. I find it funny that the same document that PG was referring to "revealed" a possible $99 "Best of Sonic" compilation with all of the old games on a BD-ROM.

http://www.sonicretro.org/2009/09/segasony-internal-document-leaked-reveals-plans-for-future/

You guys already know this, but it is possible to transfer your between sonic adventure and sonic adventure 2 by using the chao adventure.

You can also transfer chao between sonic adventure 2 battle and adventure dx by loading to tiny chao garden and then to the other game.

So, if these games are going to be digitally released, I wonder if chao will still be interchangeable between the two games or not... It comes in useful because I transformed my chao into a chaos chao, then transferred to DX to win the races ezpz.