A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Retro-Sonic: Let's Get it On

I heard it was possible to convert exes into psp files so you get to play your games on the psp. My friend done it, I don't know how I want to badly.

Your friend lyied. It's totally impossible to make an automated port from a system to another, specially if the hardware are from different arquitectures, unless you used an emulator; wich results on bad perfomance, and only very powerful systems are able to run such stuff correctly (depending on what you want to emulate, but it's not like you can emulate GM stuff)

Nero Burning Rom and a blank CD-R

Alcohol 120% and a blank CD-R. :P

It's impossible :o Unless Mark Overmas rewrote the whole Gamemaker engine on C++, used cross platform libraries and released to the world

Those are signs of the APOCOLYPSE!!!

... What? ... They are! <_<

Guest Shadix

oh god... This is freaking awesome. You weren't kidding about it running perfectly. (There are quite a few levels you squashed in there too ;P)

My only complaint (if you can call it that) is that the control is just a tad funky. I'm used to A being the select button and whatnot.

Do you plan to eventually release the image in a way where people can put in their own levels, scripts, and objects and compile it into an image? (similar to the way alot of the Dreamcast emulators work.) I can see so much potential in a modding community for this game. (As well as homebrew DC releases that aren't strictly based off of Streets of Rage)

Note: Alcohol 120% doesn't seem to work with the image as it fails while recording (misreads the tracks or something). If you don't want to lose a CD, just burn it in Nero (not Express).

It worked perfectly on my dreamcast (PAL) and I was rather impressed.

My only niggle is something doesn't feel quite right with the controls/physics. I think the decelleration when your not skiding or whatever might be ever so slightly too slow. When I run a little forward, jump and not push any buttons I feel almost like sonic's floating along.

I know there are a couple other things, like the enemy/eggman collision when your jumping not being 100% perfect or anything, but I put that down the engine still being in progress, your level art for dust hill is quite nice too, very authentic.

Guest Shadix

Are you Mark? I remember talking to him about it and he said he was hardware porting it. If it ran on CE I don't believe it would be bursting off at perfect speed like it is.

vgpu: what are you burning it in\did you get any errors in your recording log?

Edit: Jebus I sounded like a prick in this post, hopefully changing the sentence structure will make it sound nicer. :D

I'm pretty sure you are wrong Mark, I've talked to him about it and he said he was hardware porting it. If it ran on CE it would not be bursting off at perfect speed like it is.

vgpu: what are you burning it in\did you get any errors in your recording log?

He uses Windows CE :P Or at least that's what he told me last time