A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

A good, lite music creation software?

Basically, what the title says. I started playing around with the one Pixel included in the Cavestory Deluxe package, but it doesn't export to any usable file format....

Anyone know of one similar? I need something newbie friendly, thats all. Something i can go from brain-speaker to in not too retarded an amount of time.

I don't have much experience with this type of thing but I've heard good things about mixcraft. It being simple and what not. I don't think it comes with a ton of samples but your can get more. I found some using this tracker type thing that looks for different these nicely wrapped little packages of useful resources that you can download from multiple peers at one time. Maybe you've heard of it its quite popular.

• Like 1

I started playing around with the one Pixel included in the Cavestory Deluxe package, but it doesn't export to any usable file format....

It can export to WAV, which you can then use another program like winLAME to convert it to OGG or MP3.

I don't have much experience with this type of thing but I've heard good things about mixcraft.

Mixcraft is just a Garageband rip-off that does so very poorly; I found trying to do anything with it very frustrating, not to mention it could care less for lower-end computers. (The interface is hideous too.)

I think there's a plugin for MMF2 that lets you use PXTone.

Works pretty well too, though it sadly doesn't support some/all of the effect options added to the newer PXTone versions.

On-topic:

I started off using Anvil Studio, which though is a midi-program, it is simple enough to help you get on your two feet. From there I went into FlStudio, and though the transition felt quite steep at first, it became rather easy to use once I knew my way around the different aspects of the software.

• Like 1