A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I hate Xbox. I really do.

Okay so i was playing Blazblue one day when the graphics got all wierd and clunky. I turned it off and on again, and boom 1 Red Ring for me and an E74 error. (ive been waiting for this -_-; )

E74 error is either a faulty AV cable or a "broken AV encoder chip." I switched cables and, just my f-ing luck, still get the error.

I dont have a warranty on this piece of shit, because i got it off Ebay. I cant buy another one. I want to play Blazblue and Phantasy Star. Does ANYBODY know a way around this error? I dont care about wonky graphics, i just want to PLAY.

Yeah so its an E74 1022 error, which means it cant be fixed without putting a heatgun to the Mobo / Towel or fan tricking my 360. And i refuse to have to continue doing stupid shit to my Xbox just to play Russian Roulette, wondering if it'll clunk out again the next day, or the next week.

Fuck Xbox. Fuck it up the ass with a thorny soldering iron. I cant believe I have an entire library of games that are completely useless unless i buy another one. I was going to pawn my 360 after it ate my brand new RE5 last Christmas, but now I really have no reason to want it anymore, except for the good exclusives coming out.

Absolutely infuriating. Im going to try to sell it as-is on Ebay, and then pawn most of my games. I MIGHT go with trying an Ebay repair service to let them reflow the motherboard, but im not sure how well it'll work. Damn this is depressing...the gay fuckers JUST charged me for Xbox Live too.

Do you know if you have the falcon chip? We bought a brand new xbox 360 before the falcon chip and it scratched Tiger Woods Golf. EA wouldn't replace the game and M$ wouldn't either. I finally got them to give me something of equal value that was first party but still. The dude on the phone actually had the nerve to tell me that M$ doesn't accept blame for the ring around the game. Fuck those assholes.

The Falcon Chipset apparently is nothing more than the same chipset as the other one, just with smaller parts so it overheats less often. Or something like that. The 360 eats games regardless, all you have to do is move it, squeeze it (even a LITTLE in the wrong area) or tilt it while its running, and you can say bye to your game. It ate my Resident Evil 5, Gears of War and Blazblue like that. Luckly, the disc repair fluid you buy from Gamestop actually works.

But yeah, they SAY falcon chipset doesn't get red rings. I'm going to call Bullshit on that. I personally dont know which I have, but it doesn't even have an HDMI port which means it cant have the newest motherboard.

I think im going to go ahead, swallow my hatred, and just send my Xbox in to some repair service on Ebay to get it professionally Reflowed. Its the only way i'll fix it without damaging it, and as long as they provide a warranty that lasts more than 5 months it'll do me well. I'd sell the fucker, but its pointless to just trash it when exclusives are coming out that I want, despite the fact i JUST bought a PS3 and was enjoying having both of the next-gen systems in my possession.

I'm with you. I would have gotten another Xbox, but my dad threw it away, along with all the games. That I could have SOLD. aaAAUGH

Wait, both of the next gen consoles?

You mean both of the hi-def consoles, right?

Just because it's not HD doesn't mean it's not next-gen. It's HD like YouTube is HD: 720p or so, but not full HD.

Just because it doesn't have the best graphics doesn't mean it's not the best! wii-raaaaaaaaaaaaaaage

Just because it's not HD doesn't mean it's not next-gen. It's HD like YouTube is HD: 720p or so, but not full HD.

Just because it doesn't have the best graphics doesn't mean it's not the best! wii-raaaaaaaaaaaaaaage

Yeah but when your console is essentially just your last one with added on motion controls, I'd say it falls somewhere between current and last-gen. Its like last-gen and a half. Personally I do not like the Wii, and I do not like what Nintendo has been up to with it. I used to love Nintendo, I love my gamecube so much to be honest, it was a great system. N64 was great too, same with the Gameboy and the Advance and the DS. Of course the NES and SNES were great too, but the Wii? I know they can do much better than that.

The Wii is nothing more than a popular Gamecube. It's graphical capabilities are absolutely pathetic, and all of its games really suffer from it. Its almost like wasted potential. It has just as few good games on it as the Gamecube did, but it's managed to get popular with people who dont give two shits about gaming. Thats why when the Playstation Move / Natal comes out, there really will be no reason to develop for wii anymore than it just being easy and cheep. Playstation Move will turn the PS3 into a Wii on steroids.

Seriously, i really just wish the Wii was an Xbox 360 or PS3. All of its great titles would be so amazing. Imagine Force Unleashed Wii (with the next-gen engine), Metroid Prime 3 with HD graphics, or Smash Bros Brawl with HD graphics, Harddrive support (DLC for stage creator, new features/characters and updates for balancing), and a network mode that doesn't suck.

Wii is shit, and Nintendo doesn't care. The only reason I even remotely care about it is because....well, Nintendo first-party titles are on it. I dont even care about Smash Bros Brawl anymore -- they basically fist-fucked all the competitive depth to it. (I flamed people for saying that when the game came out, but the more i play it...the more I lothe the changes. Its like they designed the game specifically to NOT allow competitive play, and assure the loser will always have a chance to get lucky and win.)

Just play your PS3, and don't cry for missing some exclusives. You'll lose less nerves in any case than with trying to save your Xbox.

EDIT: I'm not trying to start any flame war or console war here. I'd just like to say that with the failure rate and problems the Xbox is plagued, I'd rather go with the PS3 and save my own nerves and patience. You don't have to play every single exclusive. You're not gonna be less of a gamer. I never had my own console since post 8-bit era, but I've managed to play stuff that matters. And stuff that does matter and I haven't played, I'll play eventually. I'd feel sorry if you didn't have another console, but you have a PS3 that works. It's getting more and more games, so the "NO GAEMZ" thing is loosing its merit.

If what Blaze below me said doesn't work, sell your games, sell your Xbox as-is, buy games for your other console, and when you really really really want to play something, find a friend and borrow the console from him or spend the day at his place or something.

ITT: I hate Wii because of graphics waaaaaa

You cannot tell me that the Wii's games have "suffered" from bad graphics. Really? Slightly worse models and now the games aren't as fun? This kind of shit is the reason that I wanted a Wii instead of the other consoles. You know, most people still have old tvs, because they don't have money to blow on fancy newfangled "HD", so it wouldn't really look much better.

You know, most people still have old tvs, because they don't have money to blow on fancy newfangled "HD", so it wouldn't really look much better.

That's changing pretty quickly. You can't even buy a standard definition set at most major retailers anymore. As for the merits of high fidelity graphics on low resolutions, that's debatable, but HD television not being in every home is a pretty poor argument to make these days, especially among 20-somethings.