A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

How about that Iron Man 2?

Blyde

I loved this this movie over the first, but yea the villian fight was pretty lame compared to all the other fights in the movie.

Gotta LOVE the captain america cameo. I also loved the post credits scene, as soon as I saw the crater I was freaking out.

jesus fuck SG spoiler that shit

there's no spoilers, I didn't say what's going on with a crater, also the cap cameo isn't even what you would think, it's clever as shit, and will make you laugh. I'm just making you aware to look out for that shit :D. P.s. I might be a little drunk typing this out.

I didn't look into this one much before seeing it, so I don't think my expectations were too high (same with Batman Begins, which turned out to be brilliant), but I thought this was an alright film, but I'm not itching to see it again. It was action packed in the few parts where the action did get going, but I was expecting a lot more action from a film like this, and the final battle was over too quickly. I thought something big MUST be about to happen, but no, it was over. Oh, OK then, and movie comes to an end.

So, er, yeah, Ironing Man 2 was just "alright" for me.

I'm just making you aware to look out for that shit :D

yes because i obviously can't figure out who or what

captain america

is on my own =(

Film was okay, but its missing that magic from the first. Too many forced situations for my liking. What's that! Someone has to infiltrate an enemy's base! Black Widow to the rescue! I've gotten so used to Downey as Tony, that I was hoping to see the other characters shine through. Don Cheadle was fun to watch, but I wanted more Black Fury and Whiplash. And maybe Happy.

I am so sick of these films having "multiple normal conversations running in parallel" arguments as a comedy device, they did that like 50 times and actually got pretty embarrassing towards the end of the film. Yeah, we know Tony and Pepper have the hots for each other already, can we fucking move on from this shit and have more obligatory Widow camera pans.

I've noticed that they're using the Iron man movies for a LOT of set up for all the other marvel movies. SHIELD is a lot more prominent in the 2nd movie, but they were introduced in the first one. Obviously they're throwing in the avengers name in a lot, Nick Fury shows up and is an asshole in classic Nick Fury action. I'm just glad they're not overdoing the villians per movie again like Spidey 3 did (ugh).

This is all probably due to the fact that Iron man was really the marvel studio's first release (correct me if I'm wrong). I can't wait till Marvel finally gets the x-men and spiderman rights back in their own hands so we can see some more connection and cameo opportunities.

I think the reason I like the Iron Man movies a lot is because of how "comic book-ish" the movies actually feel. They do a pretty good job, but now that you mention it VJ, yea, they do put an emphasis on that double conversation thing a lot.

All in all I'm pretty excited for the next few movies coming from marvel. The Thor movie and Captain America (which is supposedly coming out next year :o) are coming up next, and I have a feeling both will do pretty good.

Saw it, had trouble following the story for some reason. Guess I wasn't too interested. It was okay. Didn't catch the Cpt America cameo but I don't really follow comics.

My girlfriend and I agreed the Scarlet is soo much hotter as a redhead. Bring on the fake redheads! /fapfapfap

I enjoyed this movie as much as the first one. It didn't have as much wow factor as the first purely because it was a sequel. The acting and character chemistry were still top-notch.

The villains, especially Whiplash, should have gotten more screen time. Him and Hammer were definitely more interesting villains than Stane was.

The only thing that bugged though is that most of the action scenes took place during the night, so they were a bit harder to see than most of the action beats in the first movie. Doesn't bother me much cause I'm used to watching fast action sequences.