A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New Yorkers

Ristar

Alright babe.

So in february of this year I went on an art trip to New York.

I was quite impressed!

But I was wondering if anyone here from New York has ever eaten at a place called City Diner?

It wasn't far from where I was staying on W 96th street in Manhattan.

Long shot, I know. But I just totally want to recommend it, their banana pancakes are lush. Plus on mornings there's a really cute latina/mexican whatevz girl who works there ;)

What did I miss in new york? apart from all the daft tourist stuff.

Chealsea Galleries? I dunno. I went to NY for an art trip a few weeks ago, and we spent a good amount of time going through those.

Oh! My professor pulled strings and got us into the Tim Burton exhibit at the MoMA. That was pretty cool.

Also, Nintendo World. It's not nearly as big as I thought, but still really cool.

I so wanted to see the Tim Burton exhibit, but had to go back to college. :<

Nintendo World is okay. Actually, I feel like that for most of NY because I've lived there for so long. But part of the experience is getting a DIRTY WATER HOT DOG from a cart and oh, some halal food. Back when I was in HS my friends and I would pick up some halal every day from the cart that was around. Good times.

Daft tourist stuff, I agree with you. Although you have to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and get some ice cream from the Brooklyn Bridge Ice Cream Factory. Also, you've absolutely GOT to take public transportation, wait at least 20 min for a crowded train or bus or something.

Forget what I said. I miss NY.

Chealsea Galleries? I dunno. I went to NY for an art trip a few weeks ago, and we spent a good amount of time going through those.

Oh! My professor pulled strings and got us into the Tim Burton exhibit at the MoMA. That was pretty cool.

Also, Nintendo World. It's not nearly as big as I thought, but still really cool.

ahh i went to see the tim burton exhibit at moma... was so crowded it was daft. bretty bad tbf. we might have even been in the same room!

i think i went to the chelsea galleries... dunno. american food made me so bloated, i couldn't be arsed with any of the art. american coffee is amazing though.

oh yeah i hopped on the subway a few times. was quite fun, except at one point when we were trying to get to chinatown we ended up in a really shady area of town...

ahh i went to see the tim burton exhibit at moma... was so crowded it was daft. bretty bad tbf. we might have even been in the same room!

I went opening night. Dunno if that's when you were there. But yea, crowded as fucking fuck. Don't like the MoMA. Well, that and I don't like too much of the art there. The Whitney is really nice, though. Went to see the biennial. Not crowded at all, has a nice place to eat, and doesn't have art that involves two people staring at each other.

(I swear, sometimes, I hate art...Oh, right! New York!)

i think i went to the chelsea galleries... dunno. american food made me so bloated, i couldn't be arsed with any of the art. american coffee is amazing though.

You get used to it. Which probably isn't a good thing...

oh yeah i hopped on the subway a few times. was quite fun, except at one point when we were trying to get to chinatown we ended up in a really shady area of town...

New York? Shady areas? Go on!

Also, you've absolutely GOT to take public transportation, wait at least 20 min for a crowded train or bus or something.

That's not fun, that sucks.

I've personally never been to New York, but maybe when I'm in Virginia this summer/fall, I'll get back to DC and hop on a bus and visit on a long weekend.