A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of two Worlds

The other day I was looking at some news from that capcom conference or whatever the hell that thing was called and I found out that Marvel vs Capcom 3 is coming out in 2011. At first I thought it was a rumor (again) but shortly after words I realized that the folks at capcom were dead serious. I am personally very excited for this game.

But what about you guys. Think this game is going to blow chunks or going is it going to rock crossover fighting genre as it has done is the past.

Also, what have been some of your favorite combination of characters in the past?

More info on the game and an unoficial trailer are in the link:http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/20/marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds-ps3-xbox-360-spring-2011/

I think it'll be cool as long as it plays like MvC2, and not like SF4. I don't really care about graphics style.

If they're adding some new Megaman characters, I'm sold. Other than that, I'm not overly excited or anything. Just a fighting game.

i love me some pringles. no seriously, i havent had breakfast yet =(

otherwise, capcom can take me for a ride. me and hunter (hRoot) played the first game all the time on kaillera (?) and he was very gewd! maybe a little too good, uguu...

i am pretty sure MVC3:FTW is gonna play very close to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, which was gr8 (yes)

Yea this game is most likely going to yank the vs. engine from tatsunoko vs capcom, which is a very good thing. Hopefully they take out the whole billions of damage readouts though, that was ridiculous :o. Been hearing alot of rumors of potential characters, including deadpool (YES), and frank west has practically been confirmed already. I'm gonna guess that everyone that has already been created for the capcom side of TvC will be put into MvC3, just for the fact that they're basically already done, they might get a bit of an overhaul on their character model for whatever HD update they want to do (I wouldn't mind the street fighter artsy fartsy stuff they do in 4)

I shed a salty tear for the death of Sprite-based 2D fighters.

That aside, hell yes i want this game. I hope they add an option for matches that include 1, 2, or 3 players at once. Perhaps even a Tag Team 4 player mode like DOA. I really hope it feels as fun as MvC2. They said they're ditching the jazzy music, which i personally loved about the game, which i also shed a tear for. (The whole jazzy music mixed with the 3v3 battle engine really gave this game its own feeling.)

The only characters I really care for? Dante, Vergil, Nero. One or all, i dont giva. I have no idea why Capcom has yet to stick Dante in a fighting game. I guess they'd feel unjustified if he was to appear and NOT be broken? Pity Bayonetta is under Sega.

I hate to see the sprites go, but im really really excited for 3D marvel vs capcom clashing. Who knows, this opens up for multiple costumes and all kinds of things.

• 3 months later...