A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Raysonic

mattt360

You do realize that practically anything at all would've been better than the one repeated texture you have, right?

hmm.... yeah I think I'll change the screenshots. I found a really good texture lying about (I'm not good at making models and I cant add proper UV maps to the one I already have)

but I cant change them untill I fix this bug that makes sonic's angle go all weird (I think I have a sin() where the should be a cos()...).

Fog would be good in those screens too, I cant see any depth.

I couldn't see the depth either, and I was wondering how to make the depth more obvious. thanks.

What makes this better then the rest? well, unlike most other 3D sonic engines, this uses raycasting.

No offense, but this is nothing new. Sonic GL, Sonic Bastardized, Sonic Genesis, Sonic Ashura Dark Reign, Damizean/Mark, Sonic Point of Action, Athimator's Sonic BGE, and all major 3D games engines use ray casting for collisions (and slops).

GM isn't really an especially useful tool for making 3D games.

Quoted for the truth.

GM will never be limited, even if you have to go as desperate as writing your own .dlls in C++.

True... but then why don't you just use pure C++ and save yourself the trouble of using GameMaker?

Anyway criticize me all you want. (Thinks of that awkward zombie comic)

Well, it appears that you put a great deal of work into your engine and it is good for a GM game. However, nothing that have you mentioned is "new".

Well, its just that everything for GM sucks :P

Then why do you use it? Please, look around at better engines that are designed for 3D games. I strongly recommend that you take a look at the Blender Game Engine if you want to make a 3D game.