A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Megaman X:Rise

kirbyhi5

megamanx121.png

November 27th, 2010

INFO

- Progress is going smoothly. I'd probably say into major designing phase. Here's the most updated info I have.

SCREENS

-Few screenshots of gameplay.

4d.png

a-1.png

22.png

LVL EDITOR

-The level editor used to create the game. It'll probably be for public use aswell.

X1Plq.png

HaNAX.png

yYS2c.png

VIDEO

-Video created specifically for this post to show what's currently different.(Content wise it's the same, internally there's huge differences. Enjoy)

MMX:R Another Test Stage

I wanted to give it a try, but this keyboard layout is absolutely horrendous and doesn't really work for me at all. I tried changing it, but it didn't change the effects of the keys, so that was pointless.

Control generally is not a good choice for an action key.

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like you can change controls using an external program. Bizarre. I'll give my opinions in a bit then.

Ok, lots of good presentation on this one. Only real problem I can think of is that Megaman's control seems a little iffy. Particularly on dash jumping. You need to fix it so that it isn't just adding some constant push factor (Yeah, I can see how you did it you sneaky snake). Instead you should try having two sets speeds that are used depending on dash state (which is disabled either when touching the ground from dash state or when disengaging the dash on the ground)

The special weapons are pretty cool too.

I wanted to give it a try, but this keyboard layout is absolutely horrendous and doesn't really work for me at all. I tried changing it, but it didn't change the effects of the keys, so that was pointless.

Control generally is not a good choice for an action key.

Really? I can't seem to replicate that problem. I even changed it to standard WASD keys and having space as dash and they all worked in-game. Did you press enter, then assign a key? (make sure you close out the options application before you play so it can save)

screenshot94-1.png

Only real problem I can think of is that Megaman's control seems a little iffy. Particularly on dash jumping. You need to fix it so that it isn't just adding some constant push factor (Yeah, I can see how you did it you sneaky snake). Instead you should try having two sets speeds that are used depending on dash state (which is disabled either when touching the ground from dash state or when disengaging the dash on the ground)

The special weapons are pretty cool too.

I see, noted for fixing. Yeah for most of the special weapons I tried to balance it between being useful during certain situations vs not overpowered. You can probably see from the two I have showed they have huge advantages and disadvantages. (Like the D.Cutter(the red spinning blades) for example, perfect against huge slow enemies since it slows down and does multiple damage. Not so effective against flying/small/fast enemies though due to how it flies)

Thanks for the feedback though. : D

Sonic 2 Level select font.

Megaman physics are a some what off, but it's only a demo, but keep working at it.

Yeah I plan to make him less floaty as far as jumping goes, and dash fix. I'm not sure I want him slower though, it seems majority are liking the pace of his walk. Also, yeah save points are already created and working. Didn't place one in the demo though since it's such a small level. (Actual levels will be longer, probably save point after mid-bosses)

Dumb question #2 - any idea where I can download it? Google's giving me nothing save a page of title card fonts and a link to an expired domain.

Forget where I got it(was like 2 years ago) but I uploaded it.

Sonic 2 Level Select Font

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

News

June 26, 2010

-Added a huge element from MMZX which allows you to "steal" your enemies weapons. You shoot any enemy with the scan laser(default ability), and after a certain percentage you obtain their power. So you it's sorta like a Megaman x Kirby fusion going on.

Screenshots

Scan with data laser

screenshot8.png

Use the enemies powers

screenshot24.png

Video

(Not really an official stage. More like something I threw together so it doesn't look so bland showing these abilities.

1) Not really sure by watching the video, but does the percentage bar go faster if you hold the laser targeted on the enemy?

2) Does power stealing only work on normal enemies, or bosses and sub-bosses?

3) Does changing a stolen weapon to a conventional one reset it?

1) Not really sure by watching the video, but does the percentage bar go faster if you hold the laser targeted on the enemy?

2) Does power stealing only work on normal enemies, or bosses and sub-bosses?

3) Does changing a stolen weapon to a conventional one reset it?

1) Nope. The percentage speed depends on how powerful/large the enemy is. (well not really, but more like i give each enemy a value on how strong/large I think the enemy is and it calculates percent from that.)

2) Works on all enemies and sub-bosses aswell. (I only have around 50 enemies at the moment, with only about 20 different busters added. Bosses will just have their own special weapons that can be saved permanently)

3)Yep, well not really reset but you completely lose the stolen weapon if you switch. Hopefully I can do what was done in kirby gameplay and make secrets/hidden pathways that can only be found when having a certain enemy weapon obtained from that stage.

hopefully that answer them all

Dude... I don't play Megaman games much so I don't know how much of this is orignal work and how much of it his directly copied from other Megaman games. I will say that its got one of the coolest presentations and effects I've ever seen in a fan game. Just the amount of action on the screen at any given time is amazing and it all looks soooo good. Keep up the good work, I say that a lot but I mean it damn it.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for all the previous feedback, just making my rounds here~

November 27th, 2010

INFO

- Progress is going smoothly. I'd probably say into major designing phase. Here's the most updated info I have.

SCREENS

-Few screenshots of gameplay.

4d.png

a-1.png

22.png

LVL EDITOR

-The level editor used to create the game. It'll probably be for public use aswell.

X1Plq.png

HaNAX.png

yYS2c.png

VIDEO

-Video created specifically for this post to show what's currently different.(Content wise it's the same, internally there's huge differences. Enjoy)

MMX:R Another Test Stage

Really great project,kirbyhi5!Looks really impresive!

I hope you'll make a great story for it!

Btw,if you already have engine and lvl editor,maybe you'll make MegaMan Xtreme 1/2 remakes in future?

I always wanted to see those games in better than 8bit graphics.And i think many fans of MegaMan X series will be happy to check them too!

So think about it =-)

I think this stands up there with Mega Man X: Corrupted in terms of quality and gameplay. Now I have two awesome MMX fangames to look forward to in the future! =D

Hate to tell you this but MMX:Corrupted is probably going to suck. For one it's a flash game, so it can't be all that great. The programmer/creator of it is also a giant douchebag who screams at people for little reason. That and the fact that it's probably never ever ever going to be released and how over powered all the crap in it is, it's not likely to be all that great. Some people think the game is an elaborate hoax at this point because it's been in dev for like, 3 years and not a single demo has been posted. Many think it's just a collection of flash animations using sprites and that there is no actual game. I think there probably is a game but frankly, I'm not looking forward to it.

Believe me, I wanted it to be legit and it LOOKS cool, but there's a decent amount of evidence saying other wise. That and it's creator really is a total asshole so...