A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Need some help with spriting

would it be possible for some one to sprite a 512x64 spinning torus, in mostly shades of black with a gausoned gold line next to a black line spliting each section. The sections should be approx 32 units apart. move it around 2 pixles at a time thus only 16 frames will be needed. do not forget to curve it as it goes around the edges. also could you tilt it so that, at its pinnical, you can see about 8 pixels of the back of it above the foreground portion.

Might wanna learn how to spell before asking.

I think you mean "YOU might WANT TO learn how to spell before asking."

You on the other hand might need to learn to use grammer correctly before trying to criticize me. Look, I'm a coder, and a very gifted one at that. I admit, my spelling has its flaws, but using a post just to say that without even posting any help at all was just a waste.

look he started it. i could care less if he uses slang. my point was his rudeness. I already told you I dont know how to spell correctly. Quite frankly English was not my best course.

Anyway, I just needed a spinning torus (for those who dont know what a torus is)It should use this sort of style attachment.php?attachmentid=38&d=1152043559

the rest is up to the author

If you have the blueprint and the means, then one can only asume you don't want to do the work because you're lazy. You know what you're talking about and what you want done better than anyone else and you're able to do it, so go ahead and do it.

Hate to be rude, but I think there's enough getting people to do your work for you just cause your lazy on this subforum.

Edit: But if you really need help in the curves, then here's the left half of an outline. The rest can be done simply by your descriptions.

torus.png

im just not very good at the rounding deal, i have tried, ill tell ya, i spent a day and a half on it. it doesnt want to work.

if it was just a scroll, i could do that, its that little curve at the ends that doesnt work out too well. i was only asking for help with a sprite, not for someone to make my game for me

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

although, now that i think about it, i could just use my old 3d modeling program and make a pseudo 2d torus

sorry for the trouble :( please try to forgive me

Now that you mention it, it is a little harder a problem than I took it for. If you still wish to 2D it, I segmented into 12 pieces using a little trigonometry and a fair amount guess work and then made rough curves for each segment myself. It'll help you to see how far each segment needs to round in a 16-loop, but It'd need smoother curves if you were to use it.

torus2b.png