A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So Does Anyone Believe Sonic in SMG2?

OverbounD

What surprises me is how many people are acting like it's a ridiculous idea. There is definitely fan demand for games with Mario and Sonic in them, and the last time people expressed that kind of demand, we got Super Smash Brothers Brawl with Sonic in it.

It's ridiculous the same way a rumor about Solid Snake being Mario Galaxy would be ridiculous. Smash Bros isn't the same kind of game.

What surprises me is how many people are acting like it's a ridiculous idea. There is definitely fan demand for games with Mario and Sonic in them, and the last time people expressed that kind of demand, we got Super Smash Brothers Brawl with Sonic in it.

Thank you.

It's ridiculous the same way a rumor about Solid Snake being Mario Galaxy would be ridiculous. Smash Bros isn't the same kind of game.

Come on your smarter than that argument. But in case you are not I'll explain it.

If Solid Snake jumped around stomped on bad guys and collected coins and hearts it wouldn't be ridiculous but he isn't. The mashups have to make some kind of sense unless your doing a Kart racing or SSB type game.

Otherwise we'd have games like Pac-man and Modern Warfare 2 in Wonderland.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Not a fan of Mario Galaxy whatsoever, so I really hope that Sonic won't be in it.

no_u.jpg

Sonic being in galaxy sounds crazy, but in this day and age, its not impossible. SonicTeam/SEGA are basically freelancing from console to console, so nobody can really call dibs or slam the door on Sonic's face unless the company or Sonic Team themselves straight up say no. There aren't really any boundaries for them anymore. However strongly arguing for it is kind of silly.

Oh then that must be rumored by a major magazine as well?

No, I'm making an analogous reference to something that ISN'T likely to happen.

You wouldn't want Mario in a sequel to the Genesis games 16 years in the waiting, would you?

Sonic appearing in the canon Mario games and vice versa would be rather stupid, in my honest opinion.

No, I'm making an analogous reference to something that ISN'T likely to happen.

You wouldn't want Mario in a sequel to the Genesis games 16 years in the waiting, would you?

Sonic appearing in the canon Mario games and vice versa would be rather stupid, in my honest opinion.

One is rumored the other is not. You said that:

This is as every bit as likely as Mario making a cameo in Sonic 4.

One is rumored the other is not. I'd think that the one that is rumored from a major magazine is more likely to happen than Mario in Sonic 4 as there are not even any rumors about that from reliable sources. So to say that the likelihood is the same is just false. Rumors are often false but they aren't false as often as something you just made up. I think that should be pretty obvious.

Haha I like how people still react to when I say I didn't think Mario Galaxy was all that. Seriously, in my opinion it isn't the be all end all of modern videogames. I don't think I can honestly put a game up to that title since there have been many awesomely great ones. However this is just the same reaction I get whenever I also say Fallout 3 wasn't all it was cracked up to be too. Not going to deny that both games were finely crafted, but for me they don't rank anywhere on my greatest games ever personal list of win (or fail depending on who you are).

At least here people don't flat out start flaming me for saying so, other places I just keep it to myself because I know whats going to be coming for me if I do say it.