A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Live sonic spinball

shadowgoten

fack how many times can sonic be "relaunched", "revived" or something else that indicates that its newest installment wont suck?

They should just make a game, wait for its reviews, and when it comes back good THEN they say it was a "RELAUNCH".

this has nothing to do with games you idiot

I went for an overnight stay at Alton Towers with my PA in October and the Spinball Whizzer just made me think of Sonic the whole time. I couldn't stop thinking "they should have made this a Sonic-themed ride" and it looks like I'm not the only one to think that. The car spins round as you're whizzing round the track, and apart from the lack of a loop-de-loop and an actual Sonic theme, it is exactly what I'd expect from a Sonic rollercoaster.

A word of warning to anyone planning on visiting Alton Towers, on the second day of my visit, I had food from a Burger King in the Alton Towers park, big mistake. A five hour car journey home, and halfway back, I find myself with a nasty dose of food poisoning. I had constant stinking burps, my PA had to open the car window every time I burped, and I couldn't hold it back. Also I was in constant need of the toilet, and literally shooting waterfalls from my arse, so it was a constant race to get to the next toilet, and to keep getting a little closer to home. Blasted waterfalls from my arse for twelve hours, all through the night!

You might say too much information, I say you've been warned! It is a good way of losing weight though, I'll give it that.

*Eats Ristar*

Now that WILL give me some food poisoning!

It was also the first time I ever had Burger King, and unless I'm desperate to lose weight, it will also be the last time.

As good as the Spinball Whizzer is, my favourite ride at Alton Towers was a rollercoaster called Air, which gives you the feeling of flying like Superman, although you're actually just hanging, mostly facing the ground. Even better experienced in the front row of seats.

Alton Towers used to be THE theme park in the UK. It used to be the leader in the most extreme rides with Oblivion being the first vertical drop coaster, Rita being the fastest (at the time), Air being the first... well whatever it is really! Would flying coaster describe it well?

I remember there being a bit inside this boat-ride that took you through various different themed rooms. One of the rooms was made to promote Sonic CD with a big, mechanical Sonic and loads of screens showing gameplay footage. I wonder if that's the other vid featured in that post (can't check here)?

But Thorpe Park destroys it now. If you've never experienced Stealth, you haven't lived.

fack how many times can sonic be "relaunched", "revived" or something else that indicates that its newest installment wont suck?

They should just make a game, wait for its reviews, and when it comes back good THEN they say it was a "RELAUNCH".

this has nothing to do with games you idiot

I am convinced Sereph just quickly scans threads without actually reading them :P