A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Blade - Working Title

Fuse

Ok, My first project in a while, It's called uhhh Blade, Not very original..I know.

Aside from the Title, I want to make an original Project. The story is Unclear now. The project is still in it's Development stages, meaning the story is being created along with the basic engine. The current engine I am using is a custom Nitemares "pixel engine" because of the low speeds, and basic flexibaleness, if that's a word, It was a good choice.

Now, the reason why it is called Blade: You use blades? Such as swords, knifes, katanas, ect. Also you will have an arsenal of guns to choose from, such as: SMGs, Sigs, Snipers (maybe), Pistols, HMG (heavy MGS such as the MG32) And Rocket launchers. Each with a diffrent power of use. Like there would be 3 diffrent type of SMGS.

The story, so far is that you are from a time where swords are the main form of combat, and something happens and you are warped to the future, then thats where you use guns...Not very advancd but it gets the job done. Like I said, Not developed, it's still in the early stages.

Now, Why am I posting this NOW? Well I need your opinon on something. As you know, there are weapons, and there needs to be some felxability with the character. Should the swords and guns be controled by the mouse? Or should the swords be controled by the key press and have a replayed animation/animations, and the gun be controled by the mouse? OR have the Gun and Sword both be controled by a key press.

Anyway, Here some pictures with the engine still in dev. If you can say that.

"WARNING: PNGs"

Title screen: Ya, pretty bland...I understand. It will not stay. (thats a katana, with a tasle)

bladeTMP.png

In engine shots: Can't call it in game yet. The Sprite is Temporary, and so is the sword.

untitled.png

That's it for now. I'm currently learning to draw...Better. So, I'm going to be drawing Ads, as in Anime ads, where....What else but swords are used.

Comments/Suggestions/Any help is welcome.

DO NOT say its unoriginal, and don't say im using sprites from tales of "series" sprites, I know...It's only temporary.

Please don't be a smart ass, I would like suggestions/help.

Thank you :o

You should make this game about how you're a vampire that kills other vampires, then several years later gets a show on Spike TV.

I would, honestly...But thats not it.

And, OK fineee, not katana, it's a sword type thing from...China.

Need more opinions on the weapon system...Thing

Also, any addition that you as a player might want to see in a game like this?

Need more opinions on the weapon system...Thing

You must include real-time weapon change! Square Enix must not be the only one to have mastered it! *shot*

I would prefer keyboard control for the swordplay. Gun could be either keyboard or mouse. I think mouse would probably be easier to control, but having the keyboard would keep things consistant. It matters not to me.

GD: ... Sony? If I understand correctly you must be talking about the heroine from FFXIII. .. But that'd be Square Enix. >.>

At any rate, if you use keyboard for gun use keyboard for swords and the same for a mice. Don't make the player have to switch back and forth.

DO NOT say its unoriginal, and don't say im using sprites from tales of "series" sprites, I know...It's only temporary.

;-; I love you. Even if Rid's Eternal Sword is a bit messed up.

I still love you. ;-;

I think swords by the keyboard and guns by the mouse would be good. Although I wouldn't mind both on keyboard, either.

You must include real-time weapon change! Square Enix must not be the only one to have mastered it! *shot*

I would prefer keyboard control for the swordplay. Gun could be either keyboard or mouse. I think mouse would probably be easier to control, but having the keyboard would keep things consistant. It matters not to me.

I'm actually going to try and do the real-time sword change, where you open a little User input screen and it has your invintory of weapons, and you can change.

Blade= name of a movie series (and soon to be TV series), but that's just tentative, so that's fine for now...

I like the sprite. Not so much the backgrounds and foregrounds, though...

I know, Blade was a movie with that black dude trying to kill vampires, The sequel...Hated it. NOW, move on. The title is Temporary, with the sprites and with the background and foreground. Those are just for the engine, and ect.

doesnt look to bad better than what i could do anyways, if the sprite has just reached the end of his/her slash in that screen on the first page then its great coz he's lunging a lil bit too gives it a little bit more feeling if ya get me looks like the style i'd like XD

I Didn't understand any of that..

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

I was wondering if I could get some help with sprites, as in editing Reid so he doesn't have his arm anymore but everything else is still there (even the place where the arm covered up) I'm trying my best, but if you read my signature, im still learning pixel art and I don't know the style of the sprites that I'm using.

I plan on finishing this thing, whether it takes me a 4 months or a year..Or more than 1 year. I could use all the help I can get.