A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Steam Specials.

Andrew

http://steampowered.com/

So has anyone gotten anything? The prices so far have been pretty insane!

I have bought so far: Torchlight, Lumines + Lumines Advanced Pack, Deus Ex: GOTY, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, STALKER and Serious Sam HD: TFE.

I'm on shaped Internet right now so I'm downloading Torchlight first, then grabbing SS:HD (720mb and ~920mb downloads respectively).

They don't have Paypal in my country, so a friend of mine uses his uncle's paypal account to buy me stuff when I need it. Problem? The card isn't working for some bizarre reason and now we have to hope they fix whatever it is until Monday. Otherwise I'm gonna missout on a lot of stuff I want to buy. I'm still thinking whether Serious Sam is worth the money...

I just bought Oddworld pack and I'm as happy as I can be. Now I'm deciding on whether it's worth paying $30 for 60 days of Champions Online (I really really liked the beta when I played it).

If the gods show mercy and somebody blesses me with 50 dollars, I'd probably buy the Eidos pack. It's an extremely good deal.

Man I can't believe no one snagged GTA 4 for fucking $7.50, WHAT A STEAL

so far the list stands at:

GTA 4

Lumines + Lumines Advanced pack

STALKER

STALKER Clear Sky

Prince of Persia pack (includes all 4 for $22)

and I just snagged Jade Empire for $3.75

I'm kinda pissed I didn't nab Torchlight for $4.99 the other day, even though I have the game pirated, it's definitely worth it. I'm also kicking myself for not getting mirrors edge for $5, also worth it.

I've come to fucking love steam, having a one stop shop for just about everything, knowing that I have copies of games that I can pull up from any PC at any time without any hassle what so ever, it's awesome, and the deals they push out weekly and during the holidays are just ridiculous. And the best part is the downloads for a game is quick, you usually have it on the hard drive within the hour on a cable connection.

If you'd like to see my games list as of now, click the spoiler :D also feel free to friend me if I don't already have you friended.

gamez.png

BTW if anyone is interested in Company of Heroes, don't snag the one they're offering today, it's a terrible expansion, adds no new elements to the game aside from a gimmicky first person view on units in single player.

EDIT: Also, anyone that STILL doesn't have beyond good and evil (shame the fuck on you!) it's on sale for $4.99, definitely worth it.

EDIT: Also, anyone that STILL doesn't have beyond good and evil (shame the fuck on you!) it's on sale for $4.99, definitely worth it.

I own it three times (twice on PC (Steam and CD) and PS2). :|

And since everyone's sharing their Steam games: (id is suspchaos)

x4p3zs.png

Orion is that hl2 complete conversion thing, obviously. It sucks (no Aussies).