A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[Sonic X-Treme] Level files & Textures + Viewer (Yeah, the originals shown in videos)

Damizean

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet on here. Basically, copy pasta from the Sonic Retro thread:

With all this "leaking" activity, I figured I'd get into the spirit of the forum. :ssh: So, here's a little package for you:

http://ss.sonicretro.org/PackageX.rar

Included are various Sonic X-treme textures, definitions, and a nice viewer written by SANiK—fisheye perspective and all. There's also some images scattered about.

Enjoy!

Before anything -- Yes, these seem to be the original levels (textures) Chris Senn and Ofer Alon were working on back then. Sanik is the one who made the viewer to explore the levels.

Seems like Sonic X-treme still has a lot of secrets to be found :)

As much as I am over the orgasm Sonic fans have been having over what would've been a very terrible game, this seems interesting and could be worth a look.

edit: though all the .def files i've tried don't work so i'll jst wait for people to release stuff.

As much as I am over the orgasm Sonic fans have been having over what would've been a very terrible game, this seems interesting and could be worth a look.

edit: though all the .def files i've tried don't work so i'll jst wait for people to release stuff.

There isn't much in here that people haven't already seen. Some of the textures and art are kind of neat, but besides the levels we were already shown in videos there's just variations and test levels...nothing all that interesting...but it could really help someone try to recreate the levels. None of the levels are all that big either, the levels in the package are really unfinished.

Did you move what's inside the folder "SONICBOOM" to either the folders of viewer3.1 or 3.2?.

So, who leaked this? I know that Ofer didn't want any more content realeased, and Senn seemed to comply with that.

Anonymous e-mail.