A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Apple chugs dicks.

Epon

Why are there no comments on Apple's conference today?

The prices of the the iPod Touch have come down a bit, but they're a $10 premium over what the Zune HD costs. The 160GB iPod Classic is going to cost the same $250 as the previous version, so I'm guessing the Zune 120's price (and the price of every other non-HD Zune) will simply drop to undercut those prices. Hopefully that'll end up getting more of them out there.

Apple not including a camera in the iPod Touch is by far the biggest proof that they sandbag their devices to rape the unknowing masses.

They can fucking put a camera in the Nano but not in the Touch?! Are they fucking serious? Chug a dick, liverboy, chug it good.

Well, if they put a camera in the iPod Touch it'd have to be a fairly decent one, which would probably jack up prices a bit seeing as how they want that horribly priced 8GB Touch in their lineup for $199. With a camera in the Nano they get to pretend they compete with the Flip by having more storage and video (never mind that it's low-res and horrid in comparison). What I find hilarious is how they tout the Nano's FM Radio tagging ability as "new-fashioned" when FM Radio has been in every Zune since the Zune 30 and tagging has been there for a year.

Kudos to them on Genius Mixes and Playlists, though, I suppose. I've been hoping Zune will move in that direction because with a combination of their Picks recommendations, Mixview, and the Social (and maybe even data from Guest Playlists and the like) I'm pretty sure the algorithms would be top notch.

I wish Windows had some alternative to iLife. I suppose Essentials or whatever the downloadable thing is, kinda makes up for it, but not really. Garageband has kind of always called me from under my bed at night.

http://www.osalt.com/garageband

@Epon: Yeah, my dad had a liver transplant and afterwards he got called that a lot. Liverboy. Not the chugs dick part.

I had family and friends who received liver and other organ transplants.

I'm sorry if it offended you. But you should honestly be upset at Steve Jobs for being associated with fine people such as your father. Why? Because I'd wager your father isn't a money-hungry dick-chugger like Mr. Jobs.

Here's what I think, Apple may be able to attack Windows, but the main problem is the Hardwares itself. The OSX is only compatible with Apple computers, and any other PCs is IBM based. In other words, unless they made a OS that runs on a IBM based computer, then the entire thing is too expensive to even keep up. Not to mention, once a OS is released for the Macintosh, Future Games and Softwares that is Mac compatible will only work for that OS only. Hell, I'm still on OSX.3 for crying out loud!!

The thing is, If there was a computer format wars, then IBM won along time ago, due to multiple manufacturers and brands. Macintosh only have Apple as it brand and manufacturer. Not to mention that Macintosh can't be custom built like IBM based PCs.

IBM based? While its true that IBM started the whole "IBM PC/IBM Compatible" nonsense, thats a pretty old moniker and in all honesty there hasn't been much reality to it for a while now.

It's much more appropriate these days to say that Intel and AMD are at the heart of your computer architecture what with them being the primary developers of Motherboard chip sets. IBM hasn't had nearly as much influence in PC architecture for quite a while now.

IBM didn't win shit. They basically got screwed on the DOS deal by Microsoft and then run under the rug as their imitators squashed them at the market and they gradually became less and less relevant throughout the late 80s and into the 90s. And it's because of the same concepts that you are saying they won a platform war over that they lost it all. If it weren't for IBM PC compatible's swamping the market, IBM would have stuck it out as a high-priced alternative to Apple for quite a while.

BUT YOU'RE lex-luthor-wrong1-1.jpg

All Caps and no Luthor? Thought I'd spruce it up some.

I heard about the Flash downgrade deal. I already had the newer version DL'd and ready to install post SL install. The only real problem is the 64-bit performance. It kinda freezes up temporarily at times, and I'm thinking of going back to 32 (Yes, SL has a 32 bit kernel alongside a 64-bit kernel and defaults to it for support as not all drivers and programs have full 64-bit and Snow Leopard compatibility) until the issue is fixed. And since I know better than to go to naughty sites, I haven't run into any one instance where SL has warned me about OSXPLUGA.TROJAN or all the other trojans of the sort. Other than that, I actually like Snow Leopard. Pretty good for $29 internal reworkings.

IBM based? While its true that IBM started the whole "IBM PC/IBM Compatible" nonsense, thats a pretty old moniker and in all honesty there hasn't been much reality to it for a while now.

It's much more appropriate these days to say that Intel and AMD are at the heart of your computer architecture what with them being the primary developers of Motherboard chip sets. IBM hasn't had nearly as much influence in PC architecture for quite a while now.

IBM didn't win shit. They basically got screwed on the DOS deal by Microsoft and then run under the rug as their imitators squashed them at the market and they gradually became less and less relevant throughout the late 80s and into the 90s. And it's because of the same concepts that you are saying they won a platform war over that they lost it all. If it weren't for IBM PC compatible's swamping the market, IBM would have stuck it out as a high-priced alternative to Apple for quite a while.

LOL you're right... AMD are the ones who made the x64 instruction set we all love and use today... AMD64 is the correct name for x86-64, blah blah blah...

Dr. Mecha: I don't know what "the OSX" is and after reading what you wrote, my head hurt. A lot. You didn't make any sense, even if you were talking about x86 processors from the 1990s.

Can someone please make a "go chug a dick" picture so we can start posting that

Here's what I think, Apple may be able to attack Windows, but the main problem is the Hardwares itself. The OSX is only compatible with Apple computers, and any other PCs is IBM based.

You must be living under a rock. We don't use the term IBM-based anymore. We use the terms Windows-Compatible, Windows-based, Intel-based, or Wintel. Intel and AMD processors are inside the computers that run Windows and as of 2006, Macs (Just intel, though). Macs and PC's now use the same guts, if you may. My MacBook Pro runs a 2.26Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB's of Ram, 160GB SATA hard drive, and an Nvidia MCP79-based board on it with an integrated GeForce 9400M. And how many other laptops have those specs sans the OS X? A LOT OF RECENT LAPTOPS. And btw--Ever heard of the OSx86 Project? They've already gotten a few dozen computers hackintoshed. Basically they're running OS X by means of a few hacks to OS X to make it run on there.

Ugh, hate Macs, dislike most Mac users. Most of them don't even know why they dislike PC's- it's like they just recycle the commercials and when I tell them I can find a better PC for half the price they just don't beleive it.

Honestly I have nothing against the OS- it serves its purpose. I have issue with how expensive their computers are and how cultish their users are.

However I love the new iPhone, even though I absolutely know that they're deliberately keeping features behind so that next summer they can sell another phone... Augh.

But Epon! The new iPod has a camera! A camera! Sure, it still doesn't work as mass storage device, have features even the $30 MP3 players do, and it will cost twice as much as another media player with the same memory because it says Apple on it, BUT IT HAS A CAMERA! AND AN APPLE! I mean, it's not like every cell phone these days has a camera.

The end result about a computer is, if you know what the hell you're doing and don't do stupid shit, then you won't get viruses. I've had my laptop for three years, haven't had a single problem with it. The people who come into Walmart and ask for hard drives, and then argue with me that a hard drive is actually the name of the DESKTOP COMPUTER, they don't need a computer. They should just stick to their damn TV's.

OK, next up: "Chugs Dicks" avatar (for banned members).

Also, I'm finally making some icons for the pink skin.

On topic, a good PC with superior capabilities and less price is better. Put Mint on it (and XP if games are that important). Tadaaa, no way I'm paying more for a little apple logo and less power.

Not to mention Apple computers are even more expensive here (expect an additional $150~200). You barely find 'em here anyway.

The end result about a computer is, if you know what the hell you're doing and don't do stupid shit, then you won't get viruses.

Bingo.