A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I am sold on Final Fantasy XII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrlNjsv9jgs&mode=related&search=final%20fantasy%20XII

they brought back gilgamesh from FF5, and he has remixed themesong and he brings out classic swords during the fight, I saw cloud's buster sword >.<.

I'm going to force myself to like the battle system and judge it after I beat the game.

But yea the official release date is October 31st, and there will be a collectors edition for $10 more.

That looked annoying, I mean the switching inside the interface for whatever the player was doing. I think that could get a tiny bit irritating. o_O

Looks like the sex though.

Lmao Azu?

And the fighting just looks really, really boring to me. For the life of me i cant see why they went to that type of engine.

If they were going to go real time, they could have at LEAST done it a bit more similar to Kingdom Hearts. Thats about the only way they could go "Real Time" and have "Action" in the fights.

Their just standing around wacking eachother. It looks so boring. In Random Battle form it just looks so damn much cooler. I mean, you cant even control your party members.....Wdf?

Ill buy it anyway, but hopefully this is the last final fantasy like this.

But Phantasy Star Universe DEFINATELY comes before this.

Damn, that is so awesome. Battle on the Big Bridge one of the best FF songs and Gilgamesh one of the best bosses; that sequance was just awesome. Interesting to see that they're bringing bits of classic battle systems from the old games, such as the demon wall sequence from 4.

Anyway, I've been sold on FFXII for years now. The battle system looks awesome, the presentation perfect and the main character bearable. :P Seriously, though, I can't wait.

FFvsXII?

And i still dont like what they did to the game. I can surely deal with sequals and spinoffs, but changing the entire battle concept is getting WAYYY too confident. I just Really, REALLY hope that this game works out.

and if it doesnt, i really, REALLY hope that square enix doesnt decide to revamp the series again.

Im talking about the PS2 one.

I wont talk about the PS3 one. Although it looks like too much is going on (AWSOME.), its going to be on a system that no one will have.

FFXII to me is going to be to Square Enix like the CD-I Zelda was to Nintendo.

Except Square Enix is responsible for this one.