A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I just realised I've been here nearly 9 years. :|

Andrew

I do.

I need that memory erasing thing that they have in Men in Black. No soul should have to remember that game.

But hey, you're the guy that got me started off, Andrew aka SoniChao/SuspendedChaos ;)

does anyone remember the great siege of SFGHQ?

i.e. when someone tried to steal/hack the site and in retaliation Smidge or Blaze just blew everything up?

And yes, I do remember that. Quite a fun time it was -_-

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Gamerdude: Haha, I started a lot of people off. So many I don't actually know of hahah. You should feel privileged! I barely remember any games nowadays.

@Cyber/Palindrome: Yeah. That's me. :P Why did you think I commanded such respect around here? *cough*

Less than 12 hours ago. :ssmile:

I've been in the scene since late 1997, but forums were never really my thing. I do remember alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog, though. I've always lurked now and then, mainly being a Sonic fan artist and in being so generally stuck to personal websites, (crap) sites like deviantART, and most recently personal sites again.

However, after co-running this years SAGE, my interest in the 16-bit scene has been rekindled, which for me once only consisted of ROM-playing and level-editing, but now I'd like to take that further and actually create a fan-game.

I changed mine to my name back when we could actually change our names. I remember the whole [banned] thing in like late 2006 that got unmoderated username changes banned. If you email Smidge or a global mod, they'd probably be nice enough to change your usernames.

Also hi ristarwhoididntknowwhowasristar. I remember the pic you did, I actually found it at one point on the internets but then I lost it again. :<

I've been around since 1999, but mostly posted at the Moogle Cavern and kind of went AWOL here around 2004, so I might as well be a newbie now, even though when I signed up for SAGE last year a lot of people I didn't know apparently knew who I was.

Yes, his name is Nik.

I've been here since... uh, whatever my join date here says, I guess. I've joined several other Sonic community forums before that, though, and I've known about this site for years. I probably would have joined it earlier, but for some reason I was stuck under the mob mentality that this place apparently sucked...? Never did figure out how, you know.

I should be more active here.

Ristar :o

Do you still draw dude? I used to love your work, especially that Tokyo Sonic I think it was.

yeah I do, starting my second year of my art degree in september :D

i don't really have an online portfolio anymore, but i had a few topics over in the art forum that sunk to god knows where :)

you still making lovely engines? ;)

I've been lurking around since 2004, 2005 or so, I don't really remember. One thing I know for sure is that I've probably been lurking around since long before the site was hacked/taken down. Just decided registering in 2006, don't know if it was a good thing, my knowledge of the English language was pretty poor at the time. So yeah, I've been here since 2006.

I've been lurking around since 2004, 2005 or so, I don't really remember. One thing I know for sure is that I've probably been lurking around since long before the site was hacked/taken down. Just decided registering in 2006, don't know if it was a good thing, my knowledge of the English language was pretty poor at the time. So yeah, I've been here since 2006.

Haha, wow. Your English is so good now that I just assumed it was your native language.

since like oct 03 iirc.

in retrospect i was pretty lame.

does anyone remember the great siege of SFGHQ?

i.e. when someone tried to steal/hack the site and in retaliation Smidge or Blaze just blew everything up?

yeah, I remember that.