A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Movement carry on after power up pause

Appo

hey, i'm mid way through conveting the worlds engin to use in a mario game but i've come across something i can't figure out, in mario games when you grab a power up everything stops until you've transformed i've got all of that sorted, so what i'm asking help for is how to carry on any movement you were doing before you got the power up. For example when you jump and collect a mushroom after transforming mario carries on his jump, however in my engine after the transform action has taken place it's like his x and y values are reset and he just falls back down, help on this would be greatly apreciatedd

hmm, the frame rate doesn't sseem to change and it doesn't look like anything else is controlling it, anyways if the frame rate goes to 0 doesn't that mean the animations won't play like growing or shrinking?

hmm, the frame rate doesn't sseem to change and it doesn't look like anything else is controlling it, anyways if the frame rate goes to 0 doesn't that mean the animations won't play like growing or shrinking?

The only help I can think of is exacly what they said, which is store the values once it's activated. the once its complete set the actual values eg X & Y stored...you can send the data from the stored to the actual. you get me? That's all I can think of.

yeah, the thing is though it's not the x and y possitions its the values that accelarate and deccelarate you as you jump such as jumping up to a platform but half way through the jump you get a mushroom you puse as the transform animation happens then carry on through the jump as normal, but at the moment if i do that he gets the mushroom pauses as he transforms but instead of carrying on through th jump he just falls back down

Thanks for the help guys, i know the basic method of what i have to do it's just i don't know which value or event is controlling this, i've tried to play around with the values x speed and y speed but that dosen't seem to work i'll keep on having a look but i don't know

EDIT: omg i can't belive i've been so stupid i've done the simplest thing and it works, baically when you get a mushroom i've got the action set to twelve this is where the animation takes place and the xallowflag and yallowflag values are turned to 0, anyways i've just added the line 'Action is <12>' to things that have to do with x and y control and it works so thanks for the help :)

Thanks for the help guys, i know the basic method of what i have to do it's just i don't know which value or event is controlling this, i've tried to play around with the values x speed and y speed but that dosen't seem to work i'll keep on having a look but i don't know

EDIT: omg i can't belive i've been so stupid i've done the simplest thing and it works, baically when you get a mushroom i've got the action set to twelve this is where the animation takes place and the xallowflag and yallowflag values are turned to 0, anyways i've just added the line 'Action is <12>' to things that have to do with x and y control and it works so thanks for the help :)

Glad to see you solved it ;). Your welcome.