A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

TGF2/MMF2 Flash Exporter Released $69

flame6753

While we're here, how does the Java version handle extension on OSX... specifically Windows-oriented ones? This is sorta an addition to my earlier post...
I think you won't be able to create a run-time at all unless you remove any third party extensions that weren't converted for java. As far as I am aware, there aren't any windows specific ones by default.

Also, Clickteam just had a click-convention where they discussed various new things about MMF2, and here are some questions that I gave to Jeff. -

"With the new flash development in the works, I was wondering about certain compatibility. Will this runtime be compatible with extensions? More importantly, extentions that rely on windows specific commands? And if they are indeed going to be included, how will MMF be a able to differentiate from extensions that are windows specific so that they can be excluded from the runtime. Similar to how vitalize will not recognize some extensions.

For example: One aspect I find attractive to the flash runtime, is that we will potentially be able to produce applications that will be playable on the Mac operating system. Adobe Flash has an export system that allows you to save your SWF files as a stand-alone application in EXE form as a Projector file. It also has a similar export option for Mac Projector. Now, if I were to export an MMF originated SWF file, and then export it yet again in Adobe Flash which will produce a MAC stand alone Projector, what would happen if it relys on extensions that use windows specific commands?

That is just something I am eager to know about, so that I can get a good judge of the extent of this new flash runtime. noticed on the two promo click-flash games, there was a loading bar before the game initiated. Will we be able to implement out own custom loading bar (with an image or background and such), or will that be the standard for every swf file produced in this new runtime? Or maybe it will be different for MMF and MMF Dev?"

They said, they would answer these questions in a forum update on the main site :).

• 2 weeks later...

Some more info.

Apparently Clickteam is in the process of acquiring a liscence to the format "MP3" for the runtime. The runtime will not use wav or OGG, because of the SWF format. But luckily, they say that it will convert OGG and WAV autmomatically for you when exporting your game. I think the default extensions that come with MMF2 and updates will be supported. Third party extensions, I'm not sure. Also, It won't be free. You're going to have to pay for it, but I doubt it will be expensive.

It won't have any different interface or anything like that. "Its just an exporter option so it would install within the current owned product." "It wont support anything that flash/flex doesnt support itself, so if your wanting windows dialogues and they are not supported in Flash/Flex then there will be no objects in our Flash exporter that can do that."

So that should give you an idea of its limitations. As for the release date, they say that they won't give a date until it's actually ready to be released.

• 3 months later...
Monday December 14, 2009

Easy Flash Game Creation for All

Today we proudly announce the forthcoming release of the Flash 10 Export plugin. Our powerful but easy to use game and multimedia creation software Multimedia Fusion 2 will now allow users to create Flash 10 content quickly and easily without the need to learn FlashScript.

Flash is used worldwide from website content, learning platforms, and gaming arcades. Many businesses and end users want to create their own Flash based content. Unfortunately some users find they cannot learn Action Script or have to employ expensive contractors or third parties to make their content. By utilizing Clickteam's game and multimedia creation tools and the Flash plugin, users will be creating Flash content in no time. The price and availability of the Flash plugin will be announced shortly.

Cool, seems they're releasing it soon. I'm hoping we can get our hands on a beta real quick.

• 2 months later...
The only thing I'm bothered with is that flash apps are very unsafe. You can easily convert .swf to .fla with swf decompiler and do whatever you want with it.

You can't. Flash apps made in mmf are 100% safer than normal flash games actually. If you were to decomple a mmf made flash game it would register as nonsense, adobe flash wouldn't be able to decipher the code.