A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Worlds and the Mystery of the Vanishing Bridges

So the latest Sonic Worlds build has been running fine for me on standard MMF2. However, ever since I upgraded to Developer, the Bridge object(s) are mysteriously invisible during gameplay, while Sonic interacts with them as usual.

Is there some glitch in Developer that causes this?

Is anyone else experiencing this issue.

It's not really an urgent issue, as the engine works fine otherwise, but it's still an issue I'd like to address.

Please and Thank You.

Sorry for the offtopic, but I thought this was in General Fangame discussion and honestly thought someone was making the game "Sonic and the Mystery of the Vanishing Bridges".

For some reason I found that hilarious.

There shouldn't be any reason the bridges aren't showing. Try looking at the Bridge event code to see if anything's hiding it, and try opening other Worlds versions. Try changing the bridge sprites too, or the layers for the bridges.

I believe the reason for the invisible bridges is that originally, when an object was created, it would be visible, regardless of its property in the frame prior to creation. In newer builds of MMF, they made the invisible apply to the new object as well. It's easily fixed so it doesn't matter. lol.

*returns to lurking*