A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

BrazSonic 2 - 2009 DEMO

Hello everybody!

screenshot174.png

Finally, since SAGE 2007, I'm releasing a public demo of BrazSonic 2. I have been a little far from sonic forums because of my pesonal life (dealing with job, studies, social life, all together is no easy).also So I had a short time to work on BrazSonic 2, which has so many bugs (due to many improvises and complex lines of code for nothing), lag (that bothered many testers and me) and new things to implement.

Also this will be at SAGE!

Well, I just have one level for this DEMO for you and some interesting resources for you enjoy:

1 complete action stage + stage boss

3 playable characters (and more hidden one for you find out how to play to)

Different abilities for each character

I.A. enemies

Several kinds of items

Gimmicks (devices, levers, draggable platforms, elevators, etc.)

PSX/PS2 joystick support

screenshot178.png

Controls (keyboard/joystick):

Arrows: move

Down arrow: crouch down/ spin

Up arrow: look up

Down+A(X): spindash

D(X): jump

Special abilities:

BrazSonic

screenshot170.png

S (circle) on air: Flying Kick (works also as wall-kick)

S (circle) on ground: Flip Flop attack

A (square) stopped: Flip Flop toss

S (circle) + up stopped: Down attack

S (circle) + up + jump stopped: Higher jump

PeloTails:

screenshot171-1.png

D (X) on air: Fly

S (circle): Tail spin

A (square): Lasso throw

S (circle) (while lacing enemies): Homming lasso attack

S (circle) (while lacing floating red targets): Swing (use the arrows to swing to sideways)

S (circle) (only objects like bombs): Pull laced target

A (square): Soltar laço (while pulling laced stuff)

Baianuckles:

8833157.png

A (square) on air: Dive

A (square) on ground: parasol shield

S (circle) on air: parasol gliding

Glide against walls: climb

S (circle) on ground: punch

S (circle) on ground + up: twirl kick

Obs: you will see the credits after beating the demo stage

Minimum requirements to run perfectly (a modern pc can run nicely this game)

Dual Core processor;

512 MB of RAM;

15 MB of free space on disk;

DirectX 9

DOWNLOAD (12,5MB)

• Like 1

I love this game, it was extremely well presented. My only problem is that I have a good machine, and it was running extremely slugglishly Is this normal?

No, I though. In my Core 2 Duo with 2GB of RAM it runs perfect. Sometimes I think that the issue is Game Maker 7, that use to use a lot of RAM, specially when you have big rooms and lots of draw and blend events :(.

No, I though. In my Core 2 Duo with 2GB of RAM it runs perfect. Sometimes I think that the issue is Game Maker 7, that use to use a lot of RAM, specially when you have big rooms and lots of draw and blend events :(.

I gotcha. I tried it out on my friends computer and it ran perfectly. Good work. Hope you present at sage

Nice work, but acceleration is way too low, and when I tap the d-button, it takes time until the character stops "walking on its place".

The "weed" powerup... I didn't expect that XD

It's looking good, though. Nice work!

I gotcha. I tried it out on my friends computer and it ran perfectly. Good work. Hope you present at sage

Yeah, I'll do that. I intend to keep this demo intact (unless I correct minor flaws).

Hmmm also I experienced a problem only now on special stage. I don't know if that only happens to me but if you re-enter (after restarting) to the special stage, the background and the d-pad keys became glitchy. I don't know exactly what is happening but I'm working to fix that.

My only question is.... Why doesn't Brazsonic have Brazillian women with large asses in it? It makes no sense.

Maybe he should replace the opening to the real video where he got the music from: (if you feel offended with semi-nudity, don't open)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K95cwQcUQss

What I most like about BrazSonic is that while I'm having fun with a Sonic engine based game, I keep a smile in the face for all the funny stuff in the game... Great job Godmaster!

First of all, thanks a lot to Ironrind, who have given me some advices to improve the running performance from Game Maker Games (like disabling the "synchronizing to avoid tearing", and setting the priority to high or highest). So, I uploaded a new demo exe, which you simply can put and also replace in the same current folder from the downloaded DEMO, and run.

I love this game, it was extremely well presented. My only problem is that I have a good machine, and it was running extremely slugglishly Is this normal?

http://www.bcsilva.com/download/bs2demo2009_EXE.zip

I hope resolving this lag with this.

Very interesting game man, one of my favorites.

I was amazed to see that you drew out each sprite for the players in the corkscrew. That is quite a task, but it was well worth it. The comical charm of the game is a plus. Great original artwork and the characters are the best.

My only question is.... Why doesn't Brazsonic have Brazillian women with large asses in it? It makes no sense.

My only question is... is this the image that people from other country has of Brasil?

It's time to revisit your concepts. '-'

EDIT: I'm not trying to open a discussion here, but keep the respect even if I know that it's truth that the brasilian women has a beauty body.

EDIT2: Oh, and Brasonic 2 is awesome. It is really a good criticism for our country, and I feel like it could change the mind of the Brasilian people for what's wrong and what's cool. ^^ I really love it.

Oh... and about the "................Ronaldo", maybe you should put it like a gimmick that can help the player on the game. 8D

• 3 weeks later...

After many years of useless working and a fail to implement the wordpress in the brazilian official site (http://brazsonic.bcsilva.com/ this doesn't work anymore due to a wordpress glitch that I can't fix), I decided to cancel the project.

I didn't got so many helpers and this project couldn't have future.

Thanks for all the expectatives.

but.. what about the actual game files? Aren't they on your computer? Don't cancel the project just on behalf of the site. You might be able to recover any text updates you've done on the site. DOn't you think its a little extreme? Or am I missing something?

well... forget about the cancelling... I though a little more and I got to solve the wordpress problem! So I will continue with BrazSonic, and now without worrying about whatever people use to say or complain.

and Wordpress 2.8 tends to suck

After many years of useless working and a fail to implement the wordpress in the brazilian official site (http://brazsonic.bcsilva.com/ this doesn't work anymore due to a wordpress glitch that I can't fix), I decided to cancel the project.

I didn't got so many helpers and this project couldn't have future.

Thanks for all the expectatives.

That is one kickass website you got there.