A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic: Realm of Chaos (nearing completion)

Download the current version now!

http://www.mediafire.com/?tkmy5ngjqo0

.zip version

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/111145/download

OLDSTUFFS:

thats all i have so far...enjoy

(yeah its still very buggy and unstable...hence why I have no GMK just yet)

^heh thats all I had at the start of this thread

AND...several months later:

SONIC:REALM OF CHAOS

Story: Sonic meets a mysterious character with one goal in mind: to kill sonic. While sonic is being chased by this new assassin Eggman strikes! Soon sonic enters a dimension jumping journey of epic proportions.

Levels each zone has 3 parts (the main act, a treasure hunt w/radar and a boss):

Zone 1: crystal coast

zone1.jpg

Zone 2: Skyline city

zone2.jpg

Zone 3: Mad Matrix

zone3.jpg

Zone 4: Castle eggman

newcastl.png

Zone 5: frozen fortress

underwater.jpg

Zone 6: Red Canyon

hotcratah.jpg

Zone 7: Final Egg

finalegg.jpg

Zone 8: Realm of Chaos

Still have a bit left to go but should have the game completed before school starts (hopefully) no release date as...its going to be released as as soon as I can (after beta testing of course) Also its been recently beta tested and received positive comments, only negatives were regarding the homing attack and a complaint on too many paths to choose from.

also wanted to point out that mouse control and strafing and whatnot have been added aswell.

HERE IS THE OFFICIAL TRAILER! http://www.youtube.com/user/fgrhq <-- check it out!

• Like 1

Hmmm... That's a good start. I like it! I can see it can be turned into something very interesting. I see it's based in Sonic Emerald Hunt 3D engine, right? Of course the engine is a like rough around the edges, but I know it can become an awesome final product with some fine tunning. Keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone...More is coming,...

Final product will contain original music (just to point out tho I am not writing or playing the music...Thanks to freeplaymusic.com), unique gimmicks and memorable scenes in each level, plus knuckles levels where you hunt for emerald shards and tails levels where you shoot shit that eggman throws at you while you're in the bi-plane.

(im actually trying really hard this time and have been looking at some ways to shade and model the level faster)

• Like 1

I don't know what the window size of this game is, but it looks like it runs full screen. My one suggestion is to make it so that the game runs at a standard resolution, and can be run in full screen as an option. If there's one thing I hate, I absolutely hate games that force me to play in full screen. Alot of people besides me hate that. Otherwise, it's coming along well.

I don't know what the window size of this game is, but it looks like it runs full screen. My one suggestion is to make it so that the game runs at a standard resolution, and can be run in full screen as an option.

I suppose your unfimillar with this engine...The same one I used for Sonic:Emerald Hunt, a complete 3d fangame which I posted about in this forum...The engine runs in an 800x600 window OR fullscreen...

I haven't been to this website in so long. I pop here and see this SU engine here. I was making a Sonic Unleashed fangame (topic is probably still here somewhere) and this engine though glitchy surpasses the 3D I was doing. Yours is way more complete for the 3D. I would love to use this for a small game sometime. I'll keep an eye.

This is looking pretty good so far, the only thing I can see (and I don't know if this is a problem with game maker) is that things will just pop in/out very suddenly and I can see that causing problems potentially for players. If its just because GM can't handle the 3D stuff very well then nevermind, but maybe if there was a way to tweak the level design a bit to kind of get around that little shortcoming then I think that this could be really really awesome. I've only noticed it with the 3D portions, the 2D sections are looking pretty neat.

Keep it up, I'll be looking forward to this one in the future!

This is looking pretty good so far, the only thing I can see (and I don't know if this is a problem with game maker) is that things will just pop in/out very suddenly and I can see that causing problems potentially for players.

ah yes..this is because when i record with hypercam i have to play the game with a very low draw distance however the player can manually change how far objects are when they begin to apear with the push of a button..this feature is also very useful for slow computers (such as mine) and,yes the games engine is complete, aside from some gimmicks, and is playable. I will include a demo for this game along with my SAGE entry.

I must say FGX, I'm very impressed with this engine you have developed I also admire the fact you took advantage of Gamemaker's Capabilities to suit the SonicUnleashed style of game. Despite how much I hate SU's style of gameplay....yours is an exception though.

I must say FGX, I'm very impressed with this engine you have developed I also admire the fact you took advantage of Gamemaker's Capabilities to suit the SonicUnleashed style of game. Despite how much I hate SU's style of gameplay....yours is an exception though.

honestly the only problem with unleashed was the lack of being able to slow down...as I progress to the later levels in this game I've been adding sections where you have to lay off on the boost and navigate some challenging platforming...having the ability to push a button and boost through fast action is great but having the ability to take control by releasing the same button is even better.