A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Nintendo DSi

The DSi can't run an R4, which I kinda already ordered. And besides, I can still play Megaman Battle Network 6: Cybeast Falzar on my blue and black sexy DS lite.

I'm giving you some nice, sexy rep for playing one of my favorite games ever.

Except I play Gregar. Gregar could kick Falzar's ass any day. >:E

I'm really on the fence about this.

I really haven't played my DS much since Kirby Ultra Super Star and there really aren't any exclusive games for the DSi. Yet. The biggest pull to me is DSiWare, but the current line up is so weak that I don't feel I should be bothered with it.

I assumed homebrew would be easy to do, assuming special SD cards and what not weren't needed. In truth, that's been the biggest interest to me, however there haven't been any noteworthy advancements, so that's currently out.

Still, my shoulder buttons are busted like crazy on my Lite and playing any game that uses them is really awkward. Plus, losing the GBA slot isn't that bad, since I could use my Lite (or brother's DS) for any peripherals. Plus, like PG said, GBA games stick out. Bad. I may have used the slot to actually play GBA games 3 times since I bought it.

What do you guys think? Should I purchase one this weekend or hold off until the DSiWare line picks up?

EDIT: That deal about trading your Lite for $70 off doesn't sound bad at all.... but it's kind of weird.

EDIT 2: I may have more time to think. According to Gamestop's website, there isn't a store within 100 miles of my home that has DSi(s?) Great.

EDIT 2: I may have more time to think. According to Gamestop's website, there isn't a store within 100 miles of my home that has DSi(s?) Great.

A guy at GameStop told me that the website isn't usually updated until the next morning, and considering that Tuesday is a shipping day, they probably just got them in today. So, the website won't tell you how many they have until tomorrow.

What do you guys think? Should I purchase one this weekend or hold off until the DSiWare line picks up?

EDIT: That deal about trading your Lite for $70 off doesn't sound bad at all.... but it's kind of weird.

Honestly, I'm predicting some kind of GBColor-esque shenanigans, so it'd suck to replace your Lite with another Lite, only to find out more support of the DSi is coming. I'm also noticing better durability with the Touch screen, if that matters, and I think it's too soon to judge DSiWare, because it's only been online for a few days. You could save the free $10 they give you for something awesome later.

But it sounds like you might not be in a hurry to upgrade if you barely use the DS anyways, so maybe wait a bit?

The cheat form of the patch was out pretty expediently. I'm pretty sure I was playing the game within a couple days of its release. And believe it or not, that doesn't exactly kill a guy.

And if you are me, you've gone through the process of fixing the roms yourself anyway. It takes like 15 minutes. It isn't a big deal.

I'm not you and I never fix ROMs :(

And yes, waiting a few days to play my favorite RPG will kill me. Sure, I beat it like five times but that's not the point :(

• 2 weeks later...