A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Changing Animations Permanently?

I've added an animation to Climbing in Sonic's Skin, and in the event editor I used a code to change the animation (Check the attachment)

and it works, but only for a second, then changes back to another animation. I've tried setting the animation to loop, but it still changes back to another animation. How can I change it to permanently to become the Climbing Animation until the player hits the ground?

untitled.bmp

• 2 weeks later...

^

See Azu's post.

Obviously, you cannot change the anims of your character if they aren't predefined.

Or, if you don't wanna use the Action concept (and you still have time and patience) you can do exceptions related to the another events of your engine. For example, in walking: If you aren't over a grinding obstacle, and if you're on the ground and at some Absolute speed (blablablabla), it'll play.

You understand, right?

*someone screams: SHUT UP LH!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Actions are usualy animations in SonicWorlds for example Action0 usualy is Standing and Action1 usualy is Jump. So you could say.

Just as an example:

Button2 Is Pressed Set Action to 10

Action = 10 ("Playskin_sonic") Change animation to "Punch1".

Animation Punch1 has finished Set Action to = 0.

Only one action when event loops

That would probably be the easiest method for a punch in sonic worlds. But it's just an example. I Hope this helped you.

Edit: BTW, for your method you want to do for your climb thingy, Another note for you is the ("Ground") Value.

It's used to detect if the player is on the floor or not. It could be usefull for you to know that.

I believe that this could be used for stopping and starting the action you want to occer.

nononononononono there's a separate value in Sonic Worlds called Animation. All of Sonic's animations are corresponding with numbers. Look under the Animation section of the engine to see how it works. You're gonna need to make your own number for it and associate it there, then make an action.

nononononononono there's a separate value in Sonic Worlds called Animation. All of Sonic's animations are corresponding with numbers. Look under the Animation section of the engine to see how it works. You're gonna need to make your own number for it and associate it there, then make an action.

It depends on the version of SonicWorlds you are using. but other ways you're right it is the (RED"A"Red) Object used for animations in the latest worlds build.

Just adapt it to my method changing the "Action part".