A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Anime Rally Topic

Bartman

http://users4.ev1.net/~Bart-man/Games/animerally.zip

I finally finished this game after three years, as many of you remember from SAGE, its finally complete. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Anime Rally is how it sounds; a zany anime racing title featuring favorite characters from Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Ranma 1/2 and more secret characters, as they race around up to eight tracks with varying themes including Pallet Town, Snake Way, Silver Millenium and more. The game features gameplay similar to Mario Kart and RC Pro Am, with its own additions as well. Players race along the track to pick up balloons for items or what fills up the special meter, which grants the power of their character's own special attack.

Expect a Single Player experience with three modes including Time Attack, Scramble for Points, and Trophy Races, but thats not all, get up to three friends for four player multiplayer free-for-alls! Play on any level with any character with little to none abridged, with customizable rules as well; turn on or off items or special attacks, play for points or race for the heck of it.

Saw this on the MC last night. Very nice so far, although I haven't figured out what the path to get through the 4th level (with the red carpet) is...

There's a small glitch I've seen so far, though...if you go off-track to explore (for instance, in Pallet Town, there's a bridge in the upper-right corner, and if you cross it, a Pokemon flashes on the screen) and fall in the water, when the level restarts, you'll usually be stuck in the trees or water. So, you can't finish the race.

• 4 weeks later...