A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ashura the Hedghog [alpha stage fangame]

You didn't understand me. I mean that in demo which you shown earlier Ashura's sprites are more genesis-like. In special stage they are advance-like.

Yeah I have yet to change the sprites to what I am using for the actual game maybe this pic will help as it uses finished textures, (the ashura sprite is still unfinished so I substituted, but I might just use this one anyway because I don't have time)

3ddoom.jpg

This is showing real promise. The level layouts are pretty solid but suffer from lots of invisisble floors/walls. You need to mix up the graphics more. You've just taken a stage's graphics and rearranged the tiles. Try and add something new otherwise we'll just be playing through the same looking stages again.

The engine is well built though. It makes exploring the stages good fun but you need to stop the bug which stops monitors popping when you run into them. Only jumping on them should break them.

The big thing that bugs me is the fact it's an Ashura game. Couldn't it just be Sonic? I wouldn't even mind if it was Shadow.

Try and add something new otherwise we'll just be playing through the same looking stages again.

The big thing that bugs me is the fact it's an Ashura game. Couldn't it just be Sonic? I wouldn't even mind if it was Shadow.

Most of the graphics have been seen before in some shape or form but I have tried to recolor a few (I am just not a very good art designer).

On the big thing that seems to bug everyone, YES, sonic will be playable at the start, along with his partner, Tails. Ashura is Partnered with Wechnia and there will be two more charachters to unlock through progression.

So why not just Sonic you ask?

Well it is very hard to come up with a fresh and new storyline with the same old charachters so I figured "why not use the infamous glitch characters to add somthing new?" So what will I do with him? The game will revolve around the three elements of chaos: Fire, water, and Thunder (as seen in S3&K) There is a master emerald for each spread across 3 themed worlds with Sonic's being the blue "water" world. On top of that there will be a secrect fourth world unlockable only by obtaining all of the emeralds (sonic and his 7 chaos emeralds, ***** and her 7 Sol emeralds and Ashura with his 7 Hex emeralds.

(I cerntantly hope yoiu can guess who ***** is....)

P.S. there will be multiple endings depending on if you decide to make Ashura a Villian or A Hero

So to answer everyones BIG question You WILL be able to play through the whole game as sonic and tails, however, the (contriversal) thing that wil make this game unique is the glitch characters.

... as seen in S3&K? The shield choices weren't even remotely implied to have any sort of significance plotwise whatsoever.

Guess I worded that poorly, sorry. Yes the sheilds had no plot in S3&K... that's just where the inspiration came from for the role they will play in ATH. (In fact the they were probably the inspiration for the whole storyline)

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the Ashura sprites were originally made by Shock Rabbit in a different style, then I asked permission to edit them, using CN's Shadow sheet and made the new CN Ashura sheet myself.

Just thought Id clear that up. You can get the sheet on the Mystical Forest Zone.