A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic NG Adventure

Sonic4K6

Story : Sonic Returns to Soleanna.

Program : MMF2

Base Engine : By BlazeFireLP

Just a Beta test level,Tails is glitchy,Thers way more gimmicks added but not many in this test stage,Its a small test stage.

Controls

Shift : Jump

Shift While Jumping : Jump Dash,Homing

Press Ctrl While Picked Up Speed : SpinDash

Ctrl While Jumping : Double Jump

Thats basicly all you need to know :smad:

DOWNLOAD LINK : http://www.sendspace.com/file/3lzqxg

Video : YouTube - Sonic NG Adventure Test Video 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You Spindash when you gain speed to break special stuff.

I know, but there's no way to spindash when you can't get enough speed, or when you're standing still. I know the first Sonic game didn't have it, but I find it kinda awkward having a 'new mechanic' like the homing attack, or ones never introduced to the regular Sonic games (like the double jump), but not being able to spindash while standing.

More people posting shit done by Blazefire? Give me a break! Why is Project Origins based on 2k6 game, anyway?

That point aside, this engine needs a lot of work. I'll put it in number form so that you can easily flame me for giving constructive criticism:

1. The running physics. You can run up a wall at almost a 90 degree angle.

2. Tails AI is awful. For instance, you jump, he jumps so high that he's gone. His tails don't spin when he's flying. He's just an overall annoyance.

3. Why do you have sonic practically never in a ball when he jumps? You never know if you're going to hurt something or get hurt yourself when you land.

4. The homing attack plays the same sound for whatever you hit. The sound is the sound of Chaos Drives coming out of an enemy. The funny thing is, not a single thing comes out of anything when you hit it.

5. The fact that a homing attack is in a 2D game anyway. Eliminates the challenge.

6. No spindash.

7. No rolling.

8. You have a voice clip for everything Sonic does. It's annoying beyond words. I don't need to hear "Ha-ha-ha-ha-GO-ha-ha-ha-YEAH-ha-GO-ha" the whole time I'm playing. I had to mute it.

9. Nothing happens when you hit an item box. You just collect the item. You don't bounce, there's no popping effect of it, just bam.

10. Double jumping never works.

I could go on... But eh.

EDIT: Discovered how to roll. Change #7 to...

7. Rolling sucks. You don't do it by pressing down, you do it by hitting Ctrl, and it works as breaks (as in brings you to a complete stop almost immediatley) , and for some reason plays a throaty burping-put-through-a-filter noise.

Did we really need a loading screen for a demo that's 5 seconds long?

Well, this game is pretty much ass, which is appropriate for something based on a Blazefire engine. That wasn't the smartest idea to post the engine of the most hated member in SFGHQ history at SFGHQ. Hell, I question if the engine that you're posting really belongs to Blaze. In actuality, he might be giving you an engine that he claims to be his.

I can't really comment on anything else, because the demo is 5 seconds long. All I can do is refer you to Spike.

That point aside, this engine needs a lot of work. I'll put it in number form so that you can easily flame me for giving constructive criticism:

Fuckin' hilarious.

Oh yeah, and I forgot...

Thats the whole idea ;) when enough speed you can spindash to break walls,etc

Duh. Welcome to the mechanic that Sonic has been built off of since day one. I actually lawled when I read that, because it implies that it's something new that you came up with.

Erm, I'll give ya some credit cos this is just a Beta.

First, the goodies: I like the way Sonic goes up the walls without a specific curve slope. It'll be funny if combined with a good leveldesign. And I like a bit the standing anim too.

And now the baddies... PLZ fix this homming attack and the enemies. And the boxes... seems to be enemies too. Be careful with it.

Erm, about Tails... the majority bug is... THE JUMP. HE JUMPS LIKE A FROG (XDD) btw, you said he's glitchy. I'm sure you'll fix him.

And rolling... is awful. Rly. Seems like you're spindashing.

EDIT: I'm almost sure that are more bugs that I didn't say, but I'll pass the ball to our SFGHQ's buddies XP

If you are a good friend of him, you should just tell him that he is wasting his time for bullshit. Really, there are so many useful and interesting things to do in the world then wasting his life for... stupidity.

But I guess he was told that hundreds of times...