A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pure Chaotix

Ironrind

Thanks, Scarletdark.

I'm going to set my PC back up and continue with this project. I plan to only have about four zones or so to increase the odds of finishing this sometime relatively soon. The zones will be based on the original KC as far as names and tilesets.

I want to include a split-screen mode for team-play or competition:

pc_splitscreen.png

This latest video shows a slightly improved look:

Edit: Didn't realize that I posted this pic and video before. Anyway, more to come.

The level has been updated since with most of the bottomless pits removed.

Did you ever fix your fog problems? I'm here to tell you that you can change the fog at any time, including during the draw events. So you can basically do this:

-turn off fog

-draw skybox

-turn on fog

-profit

A tip though: Make scripts for turning the fog on and off, so you won't have to go through a million different events if you decide to change the parameters of the fog.

I really like the multiple layers in your level design, it looks much better than I would have imagined.

@Oddwarg Yeah, I got the fog working correctly, but I'll script it like you suggested. True that. That'll make it easy to adjust the fog when need be.

@Sonicfan Thanks, now to actually come up with some SS gameplay modes...I haven't put much thought into that yet.