A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Well, Google Chrome is out of beta...

Daniel

I know, you had a thread about this already and I really don't want to grave dig... So, I made a new thread. So anyways,

Google Chrome (or as some people call it "Google Morph Ball") is out of beta and now available as a stable release, and as I see it today, ALOT of things were fixed.

There is not that much broken pictures on the forums anymore like there were back in September. So, I guess it's okay to switch now... It works fine for me and if you don't want FireFox eating your RAM, this browser is perfect for you.

Google Chrome is available for Windows in non-beta form, but there still is no Mac Version, Not even beta. I haven't received the e-mail from Google about it, which sucks. For me as a Mac user, it's Safari (The Nightly builds of Webkit for Mac, actually) ftw.

I like Safari as well, I use it on Windows... But now, I use Chrome.

Crap, Rael. I just did the same thing. Now I has no post? xD

Edit: So, let's try to make up for my epic fail. I like Chrome. I like the clean UI and the emphasis on tabs. I'm not, however, a fan of the fact that clicking down on the middle mouse button to navigate across pages and images doesn't work. I'm not a fan of not being able to right click-> view image in the same window. I don't like the hideous download bar and it's hidden "open when finished" option inside the drop-down menu or it's inability to open videos directly in WMP rather than force-saving them. And the New Tab page would be more useful if you could change the most viewed option to something more akin to Opera's Speed Dial as most viewed doesn't necessarily equal most important. Also, Chrome has a funny habit of not staying in the upper-left corner of my screen under my taskbar. After moving the window there, closing it, and then opening the program again the window will be down and the right a bit. Which is a random problem that happens elsewhere too, yet I still blame Chrome for following along.

I still find this to be one of the most pretentious undertakings for a web browsing experience. Honestly I'd find web browsing with a broken mouse and a keyboard that randomly switches between DVORAK and QWERTY easier than using this piece of crap.

Whether they succeed or not isn't the case. It's not pretentious to try to address user issues that people have with browsers. That's what you do when you make a thing for people.

I for one like the tabs, faster load times, most visited sites list, incognito mode (lol), tab management (holy crap you mean I can drag my window INTO the toolbar of another window?!), and textbox resizing thing.

So yea, I'd say I have a better experience. And you're a poopy head >:E

Hmmm... hoooo.... well I'll check it out in the next issue on Maximum PC, and check to see which is better. Everybody knows Internet Explorer is unstable, slightly longer load times, mild crashes you name it. I've used it before

and it just bugs me.

I choose to browse via FireFox, I find it is a great browser to use.

:tsleep:

The only web browser any of you should think about using is AOL. ;)

Fun Fact: AOL Explorer is IE7 in disguise...

EDIT: "In 2003, AOL signed a seven-year contract with Microsoft to use Internet Explorer code in their products and as such AOL Explorer is based on Internet Explorer Technology. Because of this, users can use AOL Explorer to download and install updates from Microsoft Update." Source: Wikipedia

But it's not as customizable--Think of it as a slightly reworked IE.

Fun Fact: AOL Explorer is IE7 in disguise...

EDIT: "In 2003, AOL signed a seven-year contract with Microsoft to use Internet Explorer code in their products and as such AOL Explorer is based on Internet Explorer Technology. Because of this, users can use AOL Explorer to download and install updates from Microsoft Update." Source: Wikipedia

But it's not as customizable--Think of it as a slightly reworked IE.

Actually I was trying to be a troll. :P Cool fact though, I legitimately use Mozilla. :)

I'd try it out if there was a Linux version. As for Windows...I already have three browsers on that partition, and Firefox works pretty well and has all the features that other browsers just can't do (well).

That, and I'm pretty certain that they will fuck over the PowerPC Mac crowd, so there goes my iMac.

And theres the fucking problem. I don't like Chrome, try not to hate me for it.

You act like that's the only reason I hate you :D

Aww...I can't stay mad at you...even if I've gone my whole life without RSS and don't see any need for it :V

Actually, the only thing stopping me from uninstalling firefox is the fact that the 4chan plugin is integral to my 4channing experience. So really, my reasons are way more shallow than ila's :X

I'm not much for RSS either. I used it for a bit when I was still convinced the Sidebar was a good idea and hadn't yet realized that the gadget system could've been executed a lot better. Having all the RSS feeds to sites I wanted right on my desktop was usefull.. but in browser? Unless I quite simply fail and understanding how the hell RSS works...