A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

STI Firestorm Blog

VectorSatyr

If you can't see the image in my signature, the link is http://aerogp.funpic.org. I know it's not much at the moment, but I will be expanding the content tomorrow with some specific details about the project and a couple of tutorials. I've removed the link for Sonic Dash in my signature because I plan on mirroring it at the blog sometime over the weekend, so be on the lookout. In the meantime, I've got to go to prepare for school in 3 hours. =)

EDIT: Please mention your name when you comment on the site, if you do not intend on registering. Thanks.

• Like 1

The intro and graphics look very professional. It seems to well on my computer. The only problem is that everything seemed to move in slow motion (but it wasn't skipping frames). I'm not sure if that's how you made the game, or if it's just my computer. But even if it was my computer, it still didn't effect the game play too much. Nice work.

I didn't make the demo; GG did. And it's not your computer - the demo has slowdown issues that will be resolved in future releases.

@Azu: I honestly don't know what's happening there. At first, I figured it might have something to do with the demo, but this new problem means that it may be a problem with your particular computer. Have you tried running any other GM games? If you have, and they work, I'll have to investigate this with a different computer somehow...

I have a question:

It appears that all the tutorials you'll post will only work with the latest Sonic Dash engine (in other words, the Dami/RougeYoshi X-Mas engine). Some people (such as me) prefer the older engine (the examples pack on GMC to be exact), so will you be posting any tutorials for the older engine, or are the new tutorials able to work with the old engine simply by changing the name of the variables?

Originally Posted by Azu

I think that's why it's not working. 6.1 games doesn't work on my comp.

You said you ran Sonic Revival just fine? Sonic Revival was made with Game Maker 6.1.

I have a question:

It appears that all the tutorials you'll post will only work with the latest Sonic Dash engine (in other words, the Dami/RougeYoshi X-Mas engine).

Not necessarily. They're actually intended for the "template" Sonic Dash available to download on the site...

Some people (such as me) prefer the older engine (the examples pack on GMC to be exact), so will you be posting any tutorials for the older engine, or are the new tutorials able to work with the old engine simply by changing the name of the variables?

Some simple variable name changes should work for previous 360 Movement examples, as long as they're not made in GM5 or lower.

Not necessarily. They're actually intended for the "template" Sonic Dash available to download on the site...

Some simple variable name changes should work for previous 360 Movement examples, as long as they're not made in GM5 or lower.

Well, the download you posted sure does seem helpful, I've been wanting a dumbed-down X-mas engine for quite a while.

*sigh* I guess once I'm ready I should make a new Genesis engine with the new movement engine...