A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ledge grabbing, wall sliding?

xhedgehogx

Is this stuff possible?

I want to do something like this:

http://www.bornegames.com/?page_id=369

And I thought a good starting engine with that would be Sonic Worlds. Maybe the barebone version Dazmien(typo?) posted a while back, because most of the gimmicks are unneeded for what I want to do.

Thanks.

I mean perhaps it'd be easier to just build it from scratch, because of the complexity of Sonic Worlds to an average user.

Of course it's possible. I'd say about 60% of the challenge in ledge grabbing is setting up your sensors. And as for wall running or whatever you want to call it, thats just a gimmick. In the actual mirrors edge its more like a mechanic I suppose, but in any 2D scenario its generally going to just be a gimmick.

Not sure how to help with ledge grabbing or wall sliding, but I just want to point out that the barebone worlds engine is way inferior to the modern one. Damizean improved/optimized everything to run better since he posted that old thing. I'd suggest taking the recent build and deleting what's of no use to you.