A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Hunting everything "SV" related!

It's been years since I helped or use to hang around sfghq but i'm trying to hunt down old demo's and engine's that I made over time. Stuff I can remember:

Sonic SV1 (from sfghq)

Sonic SV2 demo's (the sfghq one has a broken link, but i've made many versions)

Diablo SV (some sort of hybrid game where you play the enemy)

Sonic SV2: TT (had time travel and an original sonic sprite by showoffboy)

If anyone has any of this stuff apart from SV1 i'd be glad to play it again, i'm quite suprised that a few people still use the oldish SV2 engine as a base for their games, searching over the forum linked me to quite a few threads about it.

Hey man, great to see you again. I downloaded this from a thread of yours in December 04:

http://files.filefront.com/SonicSVDXrar/;12190420;/fileinfo.html

Loved the graphics and cutscenes, playing this brought me fond memories. I don't believe I ever fully completed the demo because it was difficult, but I loved it anyway. Really hope you stick around. ;)

• Like 1

Huh, I didn't realize the engine section wasn't up on SFGHQ. Anyways:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mt4mtmntzml/Sonic SV2 Engine.zip

Awesome engine btw, I used it for my first game.

It's been so long I had to check the events list to see what I implanted, i'm sure that I updated it at one point so you stick to slopes when running down them but it's not a hard thing to fix anyway, and to think this engine was outstanding at one point!

The TT engine featured water running, sort-of slope physics (it was all fake but looked real) and well, was better.

Hey man, great to see you again. I downloaded this from a thread of yours in December 04:

Loved the graphics and cutscenes, playing this brought me fond memories. I don't believe I ever fully completed the demo because it was difficult, but I loved it anyway. Really hope you stick around. ;)

I downloaded the sfghq original version but it locks up, maybe an XP thing, but I remember making that "DX" version because someone wanted to play SV but using an .exe and since MMF was new I saved it through that, but some things naturally changed due to how MMF treats events so it feels slightly different. I also remember adding the warning posts to the spike pits so you knew when to stop or jump.

I just sat here and beat the game, it's terrible now to fangame standards but oh my what a memory rush, and it's still fun!

*edit*

Also I played Sonic Wars, a game using the SV1 engine when sonic was hitting 10 years old with sonic adventure 2 coming out. Not the best game but I remember only spending like 3 days to make it.

Also does anyone remember Diablo SV? it was kind of inbetween SV1 and SV2 creation and featured my "furry"? that's another game I need to try and find somehow...

HAHA that reminds me of Sonic From Sonic Unleashed

funny.png

Any resembalence?

Huh, I didn't realize the engine section wasn't up on SFGHQ. Anyways:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mt4mtmntzml/Sonic SV2 Engine.zip

Awesome engine btw, I used it for my first game.

Yeah, Sonic Turbo was it? That was a good start for a game..........wonder if anyone has done anything really good with this engine like........add 360 =D.

PS: did you know SonicSV was open Source?

Yes because of the way cnc/tgf use to make installers, you could lock it with an option but I can't remember if it wasn't in the early versions or I just forgot. Back then it wasn't worth sorting out if someone took ideas from your game like that.

WOW, imagine someone discovered that and you could open any fangame made in mmf2 in the world. WE WOULD ALL BE RUINED!!! THANK YOU CLICKTEAM.

offtopic, but..

Please, don't use filefront. It always gives me errors when I try to download from there. Any other host would be better than it.

It's an extremely earny fangame so don't expect magic, but at the time nearly everyone else was just using the ingame movements without much of an adjustment at all.

Before Statice movement? I mean......even i can make the "Built in movement* better a little (especialy with collisions )

*tip toes in*

Hey Diablo, long time no see. I don't have the full Sonic SV2: TT demo that you released oh so many SAGEs ago, but I do have a small demo released before that. It doesnt have any of the time travel features implimented, and the sonic sprite I did doesn't have all the animations I made for it...but its something. I may have a cca with the full sonic sprite floating around somewhere as well. I guess hit me up on IM or PM me if you want it.

*tip toes in*

Hey Diablo, long time no see. I don't have the full Sonic SV2: TT demo that you released oh so many SAGEs ago, but I do have a small demo released before that. It doesnt have any of the time travel features implimented, and the sonic sprite I did doesn't have all the animations I made for it...but its something. I may have a cca with the full sonic sprite floating around somewhere as well. I guess hit me up on IM or PM me if you want it.

Amazing! I thought I had lost it completely untill I saw you register :adead:

Not sure if I have your AIM details anymore, do you use MSN also?

Wow, the demo seems so awesome. It seems really short though, I've reached a dead end in the first level... is that all there is or am I missing something? I'd love to play a more complete version of this.

edit: Also, do you remember what song was used in the level?

Wow, the demo seems so awesome. It seems really short though, I've reached a dead end in the first level... is that all there is or am I missing something? I'd love to play a more complete version of this.

edit: Also, do you remember what song was used in the level?

It did have more but I guess the TT version is lost forever :(, this one has lots of unfinished movement and items etc. There's probably a debug mode in this version but hell if I remember how to turn it on.

I also have showoffboy's aim, a good guess worked.

*edit* No idea what music I used, been too long.

Amazing! I thought I had lost it completely untill I saw you register :adead:

Not sure if I have your AIM details anymore, do you use MSN also?

Hey Diablo. Why have you made another account since you got one already?

You ever thought of finishing this, remaking it or making a different fangame?