A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic spriting problem.

Ollie

Hey there, so I've been messing around with the Sonic Worlds Engine for about 2 days now, recently I've been replacing Sonic Sprites using a separate project file (So I don't mess up my main project file) when I go and copy and paste them into the Main Project I just paste the new frames in and delete the old one. When I go to test Sonic Appears quite a few pixels down yet the collision is fine. Is there any way to move Sonic up so he is in line with the ground?

Here is a few screenshots since I'm not so good at explaining. =P

problemzk1.png

If there is any more information that you need providing, then please tell me. I would really want to know how I could go about fixing this or where I've gone wrong. ;)

Thanks!

You can either change the hotspots manually for each frame of the Sonic sprite you added to match the World's hotspot position ( I believe they're centered to Sonic's stomach iirc ) or you can modify the positioning equation of the Sonic sprite so that it pushes him upward. If you decide to modify the equation though, make sure that you treat it in the same way the slope sensors are offsetted, or in other words, use a Sine/Cosine function so that as the angle changes, the upward push changes direction with the slope to work correctly on any angle.

If the problem continues, feel free to talk to me either via instant messenger or private message and I'll be happy to lend you a hand.

( It's been awhile since I've touched MMF2 and I need an excuse to get into it again. =P )

ojdon: Actualy you need to change the hotspots, this is this the object that allows you to change the animaitons positions.If you need a hand or need more explaining hit me up on MSN or Sype.

Larkss: Why not start your own projects again? I remember your site "SonicSoft" was it?

I have to agree. The Worlds engine is geared towards more advanced MMF users. Doing anything remotely interesting with it requires that the user understand how to invoke loops, use a finite states machine, understand layers and qualifiers, and generally be very proficient with MMF's quirky bullshit.

I lack the last of those qualities myself :P

I have to agree. The Worlds engine is geared towards more advanced MMF users. Doing anything remotely interesting with it requires that the user understand how to invoke loops, use a finite states machine, understand layers and qualifiers, and generally be very proficient with MMF's quirky bullshit.

I lack the last of those qualities myself :P

Especialy when it closes on you randomly :P