A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

360 Spindash

Hi there, I downloaded Damizeans 360 movement engine and the only problem I seem to have with it is spindashing. I downloaded a 360 Sonic engine that had everything in it, but it keeps freezing up whenever I run it. It downloaded it twice but it still freezes. So um does anyone know how to put the spindash in Damizeans regular engine sense the big one with everything freezes on me. (I'm an MMF user).

You gotta tinker with Sonic's friction and accel/decel values while he's in ball mode. It's quite difficult if you don't know the engine by heart...You'd have to study it some before realizing how to do that. As for the spindash itself...easy. Just make a ducking animation, insert it into the engine events making sure not to screw it up then when the player presses the jump button start revving and having a counter count up a bit for every rev, stopping when reaching maximum. Then shoot off, adding how much was in the counter to Sonic's speed.

I personally don't think adding spindash is that big of a deal. All you need to do is tweak the movement and there you go.

How come in your example the spindash doesn't charge? It just has a fixed speed. Also, I think there's too much friction for the spindash and I'd prefer Sonic to stay in a ball when he changes direction when going up a slope due to lack of speed. I also experienced a glitch where I was stopped but since the ground Sonic was on was curved, he stayed in his ball animation. Meh, I guess it does basically show how to make the spindash work and it lives to its purpose.