A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

PS3 Owners?

ila

Due to the recent nuclear Wiinter, I decided to go against my shouting and yelling from E3 however many years ago and buy a PS3. Managed to find a used 60gb model at one of the GameStops in iowa. Anyway my PSN ID is Haruhila (long story) and I'd like to get friends.

Only PS3 specific game I have right now is Pain, because I'm not sure what I'm actually interested in. The purchase was pretty spur of the moment. Suggestions? And I really don't like FPSes, but if thats the only game I can play online with you guys I'll settle. Not big on GTA or MGS either.

Added. What I ususally play online now on the console is WHD, the LBP Beta and MGO (comes with MGS4).

Uncharted for the polished next gen experience. TPS/Adventure type of game.

R&C Future if you've ever liked the PS2 games.

NGSigma and DMC4 for the action fix.

Siren: Blood Curse for probably the best horror game this generation. Which ain't saying much seeing how RE is now full fledged action and Konami is throwing Silent Hill down the drain :/ But it's good. Dead Space looks promising too.

I've had a lot of recommendations for Burnout Paradise, but it's not my type of game.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed is pretty damn awesome, showcasing how a retro revival has to be done. And doesn't have bullshit DLC either.

Rock Band if you have the moneys. If EA wasn't trying to anal rape us Europeans I'd have bought it long ago and be playing online on a daily basis.

Soul Calibur IV for the boobs and making Phoenix Wright on the character editor.

Wipeout HD if you're into that sort of thCONTENDER ELIMINATED

And well, I don't fucking know. I'm throwing suggestions at random. Why don't you just browse the Store and get demos? I recommend setting up two alternate accounts so you can have one in each region (EU/US/JP) to access the different stores, as some content differs. The Naruto demo is worth it alone to see next gen celshading done right.

Start saving up for Valkyria and also buy Disgaea 3 and if you don't like them you can mail both to me :3

And for all that's holy, try to get into the LBP beta. It's amazing.

good god, the ps3 naruto fighting game is RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME, yea yea call me a ___got now, but shit, it plays exactly how I'd want my anime ninjas to be fighting. Valkyria looks like a blast as well, right now I got armored core 3, MGS4, Lair (room mates), and that's about it. LBP is going to be the shit as well.

Of course the Naruto game is good, it's being developed by CyberConnect2. They made SILENT BOMBER <3

Now if only Namco reused that graphical engine for a Klonoa 3, I'd be in heaven.

LBP *is* the shit. I've spent like three days building this frustrating lulzy level that you need to complete in one go because it self destructs and if you die you'll respawn directly into fire. Also it took less than 24h for someone to make and upload a Rickroll stage.

I'll see if I can score an extra code for the Beta for you guys. I'd share it, but it's account locked :/

Yeah, saw that. World 1-1 just doesn't have the same magic in LBP's engine. (Although I figured the whole gimmick based gameplay would be your thing DW) That said, I'm not too concerned about snagging a beta key, but remember, I'm cooler than SG, so if you do get one, give it to me.

Picked up Disgaea 3, despite my better judgement. Also just snagged the Nariko code for LBP from Best Buy. The real preorder's at gamestop.

That Mario level sucks.

For starters, the creator should've only left the foreground track available. Then have it start at a more elevated point, to build underground sections too and make proper pipes that are actually functional.

Goomba AI needs to be set to constantly on and not just react to proximity, and needs to have a hazard applied at the sides to be actually harmful. For Koopas he could've put an emitter that spawned a shell when the monster dies.

To make destroyable blocks all it takes is to insert an explosive. Or use the dissolving material.

Oh god why am I thinking of this I need to fix my own level not others'.

(Although I figured the whole gimmick based gameplay would be your thing DW)

That would be correct, but I've got to say from what I'm hearing the main game is going to be pretty short. Also, I don't exactly have a lot of faith in the creativity of an unwashed hoard of self-styled developers, probably 99.9% of whom will spend most of their time trying to recreate levels from other platform games in spite of the obvious incompatibilities of physical style.

Still, I'm sure another .1% will go on to do legitimately interesting things. Like... http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/271064.html

completely forgot I have disgaea 3, there's nothing wrong with the game, if you're one of those guys that likes strategy games and making completely overpowered characters, it's a cool game. People complain about the main character being annoying (he's no laharl or adell) but eh, I've had no real problem with his voice or character.

Get an alt European account instead.

Demo Available October 9th

LONDON (30th September, 2008) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. proudly announces that the website for Valkyria Chronicles™ is now live. A special gameplay trailer for the title will debut there today.

SEGA is also pleased to announce that a demo for Valkyria Chronicles, featuring 2 playable levels, will be live on PlayStation® Network from October 9th. Players will be able to experience for themselves a taste of the incredible CANVAS graphical engine and the exciting action strategy that Valkyria Chronicles offers before the game launches on the 14th of November.

Valkyria Chronicles is set in a fictitious continent reminiscent of 1930s Europe on the verge of a great war. The game follows Welkin, a heroic commander who leads his small platoon against a merciless invading army. As Welkin’s small country of Gallia is engulfed in battle, the emergence of the “Valkyria”, an ancient race with special powers thought to exist only in legends, turns the tide of the war. Faced with a new threat, Welkin and his troops gather their courage to fight for their freedom.

If this gets pushed back for some reason, be aware that all demos in Qore are put for free on the PSN at a later date.

But if the EU demo doesn't happen and you're still decided to get Qore, you both could set up a shared account and thus only have to pay half each. The Qore download is usually shareable.

And then you will proceed to bitch and moan about how Sony and Squeenix are ripping you off.

LBP has been enjoyable so far, I thank you for that Sef. I haven't had a chance to make any levels let, seeing as I had to close up the bar tonight and should be sleeping, but it is quite enjoyable. The whole presentation and narrator makes me laugh. Plus, it just looks amazing.