A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

First attempt at human anime art

flash

Hrmm... I really wouldn't say it's 'Anime' style. Big eyes don't automatically make it anime. Most styles would be more proportionate and accurate to how humans actually look. It's probably what you were going for, but it just seems a bit lacking, and you could make it look a whole lot better if there was some good shading on the unshaded parts like the hair, the face, the pants, shoes. Also improving the shading on the shirt and sword at the same time.

The eyes are too big and don't look anime-esque at all. Take a look at a picture for reference next time. The hair looks like plastic, though I can't really put my finger on what's wrong. The head is huge, and lacks the proper shape for a head. Other than that, this isn't bad (better than I can do, anyway.) I'd just recommend looking at a reference next time.

Consider elbows.

Also, human bodies aren't straight vertical lines. The face looks more like American cartooning than anime. The inking is incredibly sloppy, needs touching up. Put a lot more effort into shading. Forehead needs to be larger, as the hairline (part where the frontmost bangs grow from) is far too close to the eyes. And, give the guy some eyebrows.

Also, considering the size of his hands, he's not going to be able to grip that sword hilt at all.