A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Three more years of Wiinter!

Wario looks good, I'll give you that, but I bet there is a reason it's so underpublicized.

Yea, because it doesn't appeal to my mom. BTW, she owns her own Wii now that I took mine to my dorm. She loves the fucking shit out of WiiFit and made me transfer all of her files.

Knowing Nintendo, it's probably because it's shorter than fuck. Just a guess. It could be something else.

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/five-reasons-hardcore-gamers-will-love-wario-land-shake-it/a-20080821131820268027

See those bars down the side? Those are your sub-goals for each level and hidden treasures to discover. Yeah, you could just plow through the game, beat every boss and be on your way, but knowing there are unseen paths and items lurking, not to mention challenges just waiting to be beaten, why would you want to?

The replay value is compulsively strong, making us go back and try the same levels over and over, trying to figure out how to beat a stage without falling in any water, or being hit, or with 10,000 coins, or escape the level with two minutes still on the clock. If you're an Achievement whore, this is one Wii game you might want to check out.

Plus, like I said, MadWorld looks entertaining. So two H4RDC0R3 games, plus popular guilty pleasure Animal Crossing. That's not bad at all. Besides, I beat Portal in a single sitting. "Short" games aren't bad.

'sides, it's not like my entire winter break is going to revolve around one Wario game. I have other shit to do :X

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soup? I wish I had some soup. I'm starving and I have to hang out at school for over 3 more hours.

Eh... the list. You did remind me of some neat stuff. Like Tenchu. And Deadly Creatures.

But it doesn't leave me thinking any less that Nintendo itself is just sitting with a collective thumb in a collective ass.

• 2 weeks later...

I know some peeps were mentioning homebrew. To those with the Homebrew Channel installed, you may have access to the holy grail of homebrew...

http://gizmodo.com/5049885/new-wii-backup-loader-opens-gateway-to-all+out-piracy

I'm downloading the video right now. I think I smell something...reminds me of the Dreamcast and my uncle's stash of CDs...

EDIT: Meh. It's a direct feed of what's on the TV. A clever person could have edited it.

Too bad there isn't a whole lot worth pirating. Oh well, I suppose I can add that shitty Super Paper Mario back into my collection this way.

As for whether its real? Well, Tehskeen has proven to be into homebrew already and they've released a large number of emulators. I'd say it's probably legit.

At the same time though, a lot of people in the homebrew community are raising the red flag against piracy and so... it might be A TRAP!

It is sad really, the PS2 of all systems is getting more games I want to buy this Winter than the Wii, which is currently being refered to as GameCube since I never owned one of those in its prime.

I did fuddle with Home Brew, but theres really only one Japanese game I'd like to play on my Wii, and the import price on it is going to be a bitch.

The good news is that I played the Wario Land import today and it was fun. Not Mischief Makers 2, but then again, what is? :V

The bad news is that the Wii Loader for homebrew channel was leaked and now development has stopped because the dude is a bitch. The better news is that I got said leaked beta. It's just a manner of installing the Homebrew Channel on my personal Wii, which I'm nervous about.

Eh, so far I'm hearing it works. The only issue I've seen mentioned was that the final cutscene in Galaxy doesn't load. Doesn't concern me seeing how I own the game and all, but there might be other games that don't work. I sent the leak to my buddy and asked him to try it out, and he got No More Heroes working.

Oh, by the way, Monday is Mega Man 9 day, along with Kirby Super Star Ultra, and Wario Land. No need to complain right now :V

Wii Fit = Making fat people feel like they're doing something worthwhile.

Why don't you just do freaking yoga without a stupid board. It's FREE too.

Actually Zal, you don't even factor in things like the encouragement. Some people, like myself, needed that added "its a videogame" incentive to go through with working out. I've had quite a bit of success with Wii Fit myself. But hey, thanks for the retrospective comment.

Wii Fit = Making fat people feel like they're doing something worthwhile.

Why don't you just do freaking yoga without a stupid board. It's FREE too.

CRITICAL FINISH

If you can't be motivated by the results of exersise no amount of distraction is going to help in the long run. >.>