A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Hello!

Rawr

Hi, I really suck at making introductions so this'll probably mostly be rambling. I'll also probably end up being a slow poster around here because when it comes to new communities, I'd much rather take my time then spam everywhere.

Anyway, you can call me Ben. It isn't exactly my real name, but if I took out 4 out of the seven letters in my name that is what I get. So it could be a short form I guess. I play the guitar, drums (very poorly though), and do vocals - in other-words I am my own one man band and I do a few recordings here and there with some of the equipment I have. I also love to draw, I do most of my artwork in Photoshop but I do use other things (primarily paint for spriting, though I sometimes use photoshop for that too). An example of a piece of art I did over at an Oekaki board would be this:

Some Sonic Oekaki picture I did, looks kinda like sprite art sorta.

Linked it just in case people don't want to load a pic.

I've taken a recent interest in fangaming, hopefully I'll learn how to use some good programs and learn the basics of how to actually make a game in them, possibly so I can move on and create something all my own. So right now I have pretty much very little knowledge when it comes to fangaming, so if I start asking stupid questions please feel free to give me stupid answers (or helpful ones despite the fact that it was a stupid question xD) because I'm sure I'll catch on quick.

So that is about it I guess. Slingerland referred me here after I asked him on another forum about getting into the fangaming community. Thanks again for answering all my questions dude =). So um, hi!

Edit: Also, if this is in the wrong place. My bad ^^;

Sup.

I go by lark, larks, larksss, wark, larkness, warkéto, and recently larkman, but feel free to stick with Chris.

Anywho, it's nice to hear your interest in fangaming. If you have any questions about it no matter how stupid and you're working with a Clickteam related program, feel free to bug me as much as you'd like on aim; I'll do my best to help you on your way. =>

Welcome to the forum man, and I hope to hear some of your musical talent at one point. ;D

Sup.

I go by lark, larks, larksss, wark, larkness, warkéto, and recently larkman, but feel free to stick with Chris.

Anywho, it's nice to hear your interest in fangaming. If you have any questions about it no matter how stupid and you're working with a Clickteam related program, feel free to bug me as much as you'd like on aim; I'll do my best to help you on your way. =>

Welcome to the forum man, and I hope to hear some of your musical talent at one point. ;D

Rael calls you warky-pie or something. I guess it's better to not ask about that though eh?

Hey thanks guys for the warm welcome =).

I'll definitely make a music/art topic at one point or another. I mainly do stuff around in the 'punk'/'ska' genres of music (if you want to get as close as you can with labels). I'm not a very good vocalist, or drummer however :P.

Well, as long as you enjoy severe sarcasm and arguments about nothing.

Welcome.

Haha, thanks! I'm used to sarcasm and arguments about nothing wherever I go on the net, but it's not like I have to take any of it seriously :D

Welcome to the forum. I'd love to hear some of your music.

Thanks! I guess I'll go make a music topic now. I'll say it again, I'm a horrible drummer/vocalist xD. But that is why I try to improve with each thing I make...I don't necessarily confine myself to one style either. Songs I make usually go in the same general idea I guess, but if I were to look back at music I made last year compared to this year I've shifted my styles again.

Thanks everyone for the welcome =). I think I'll enjoy it around here!